bimta check

karan

Hi all

Have any of you guys done the bimta check on your dc5. The one I'm looking at was originaly purchased from sva imports so assume that everything should be fine.

Benneh

Advanced Member
Personally I don't exactly see the point, all a BIMTA check is is whether the mileage is genuine and whether the car was ever reported stolen or has any finance left on the vehicle.

If the car's been over here for a while then does it really matter that much?

karan

I think its mainly down to how much the car is worth based of the correct mileage and if it has had any accidents but its a really long check and can take a few days.

Rom

Advanced Member
I dont get it.

Mots show last few mileages. HPI check shows finance, theft, accidents etc.

With almost every DC5 being sold as 'a mixture of mileage and km' what can it prove ?

Whats to stop someone buying a car with 80k miles on it, and selling it claiming its km ? The clocks can be changed, as importers often correct them to show mileage after km conversion. So they can be altered freely.

karan

Rom said:
I dont get it.

Mots show last few mileages. HPI check shows finance, theft, accidents etc.

With almost every DC5 being sold as 'a mixture of mileage and km' what can it prove ?

Whats to stop someone buying a car with 80k miles on it, and selling it claiming its km ? The clocks can be changed, as importers often correct them to show mileage after km conversion. So they can be altered freely.
Yeh I get what you mean, its just something I came across yesterday and started to bug me a bit really. Just basically to check the cars history in Japan and match it with the details in the UK so you aint being scammed etc as this happend on one occaision from what I researched so was just wondering. The importer claimed the mileage is still in KM from when i spoke to them.

Rom

Advanced Member
Oh hold on. They check it's history in Japan?

That's different then.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

karan

Yh but the thing is it can take 7 days or more just to check the history. And thats some longggg wait. 48 hours for a mileage check so was wondering if people actually bothered to do this thing.

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Karan just got back from SVA, apparently before they buy the cars and import them they undergo a similar check to BIMTA but it's done in Japan. If your that worried do a check but if the car looks clean and has service history I wouldn't bother. I'm not gonna do mine now as I'm only the second owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rom

Advanced Member
As a side note... Torque GT said they check all their cars with Bimta.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

SmithyDC5

Advanced Member
Yeah to be honest I don't think I will be dealing with SVA again, they were supposed to of changed my gearbox oil on the supposed full service, after serious gearbox crunching when hot decided to get myself MTF 3 from Honda, dropped the oil out expecting to see brand new oil instead I got black watery oil, so they didn't replace the oil they said they did. Got straight on the phone to them and asked what the f##k was going on! All I got was a "sorry it should of been changed" well after that I knew that the rumours were true. Pretty disappointed considering I just done 9 grand with them, think il be taking my car elsewhere, heard TGM are really good for tuning work so think I will pay them a visit when the time comes.

karan

SmithyDC5 said:
Yeah to be honest I don't think I will be dealing with SVA again, they were supposed to of changed my gearbox oil on the supposed full service, after serious gearbox crunching when hot decided to get myself MTF 3 from Honda, dropped the oil out expecting to see brand new oil instead I got black watery oil, so they didn't replace the oil they said they did. Got straight on the phone to them and asked what the f##k was going on! All I got was a "sorry it should of been changed" well after that I knew that the rumours were true. Pretty disappointed considering I just done 9 grand with them, think il be taking my car elsewhere, heard TGM are really good for tuning work so think I will pay them a visit when the time comes.

I guess that proves all the rumors about them then. I read TGM is the best place to take the dc5 to, so would feel confident with them

p1tse

Advanced Member
I just did a search on BIMTA and this is one of the first threads come up on it.

Karan, did you get one done?

Having read around, if the car doesn't come with much history then it's worth checking. I was reading on another forum, how one person had it checked and the mileage was way off to the import mileage, so I guess worth checking if the car doesn't have much history to check whether it's been clocked. Piece of mind really and knowing it came through on our shores through proper channels i.e. not stolen; as it would be similar checks to what we would do here on HPI.

Be interested to see if other memebers have used the service and what the results were like?

However, I agree to some points above, if the car has been here for awhile, has a decent history and MOTs, then base value on condition, mileage, history etc.

Worth knowing about
http://www.bimta.org/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1