Bird Sh*t stain on bonnet

TEG R V

Hi after some advice please

I got up on Sat morning to find birds had been using my bonnet as target practice :xrealangry:
I was gonna wash the motor anyways so figured shouldn't be an issue, I sprayed the splats!! with autoglym insect remover let it work in and when I sprayed the car down with the hose the large splats rinsed off whole.
Unfortunately after i've finished washing the car and dried it off I've noticed the largest splat has left a full blemish on the paintwork. I tried polishing it out with autoglym SRP but to no avail, its an absolute mess, I see it every time I goto my car. I'm reluctant to use T-cut on it as I know how thin the paint is, but I would really appreciate any advice to safely remove the blemish.

Car colour is NHB

Cheers

syko89

keep at it with the srp, if your doing it by hand it may take a few goes because its not particularly abbrasive.

What do you mean by the paint been thin? do you just mean jap cars in general?

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
I wouldn't worry about damaging the paintwork with T-cut if you are using it by hand as you will never do any sort of damage by hand (unless you litrally worked it for 5 days :xlol: )

My friend had the same issue on his black corrolla compressor. But hes too much of a wuss to try T-cut on it. :xlol:

TEG R V

thanks for the replies lads

I managed to polish out the mark with SRP, 3rd polish was the charm :)

Not sure about Jap cars in general but the Tegs have a reputation for having pretty thin paint, I used T-cut when I first got mine, and thats why I was/am reluctant to use it again

syko89

just make sure you keep the paint well protected with wax mate and it should come off no bother.

TEG R V

i don't think its that siimple mate I use Gold class or SRP (alternating) after every wash, and wash the Teg regularly, plus I have used extra gloss protection twice since March and it didnt stop the paint from staining. maybe its the NHB that just shows up everything!

syko89

The reason its happening is not because of the paint but because your not waxing the car.
SRP is a polish which will remove any wax and leave the paintwork unprotected. You only really want to polish a car every 6 months or so because it removes some of the paint to fill swirl marks etc.

Extra gloss protection does offer a slight protection but its used more to help with bringing the colour up on darker cars, giving a wetter look.

You really need to get some wax on top of the gloss protection stuff. Personally i use clearkote liquid wax because its easy to apply.
The downside of a liquid wax is it will only protect the paint for about 3 months whereas a synthetic paste wax will protect for longer.

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/what-does-polishing-do.html

have a little read if you get chance theres some really good info, theres always been alot of confusion about what products actually do what.

Hope this helps, Chris

TEG R V

Thanks for the link Chris

I do wax my motor though, Meguiars Gold Class is a liquid wax that I use regularly :green: