Bit at the bottom of the drivers window

MilanoChris

Advanced Member

Pictures paint a thousand words.

Do I need to paint it or is it easy to replace? Not a biggie but it annoys me.

spooke

Advanced Member
Cheapest solution is to paint, people mask them on the car as removing them can break the clips. They are about £60 each! :eek:

spooke

Advanced Member
MissMyDC2 said:
Found mine pretty easy to take off and spray. Looks a dam site better when done.
What did you do to remove them? mine are pretty rough looking, what paint did you use?

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I'll have a look at removing them, then. I'd imagine any Halfords black paint? I need to do my wiper arms as well, but I don't have anywhere warm to hang anything up and I'd imagine paint would take ages to dry in this weather!

MissMyDC2

Advanced Member
As you said just Halford black paint. As many thin coats as possible. Funny you mention wiper arms, did mine at the same time too. To remove just wind windows down and roll the trip inwards towards the gap where the glass was. Takes a bit of Wressling but worked fine for me. Then you can bend the middle up and release the ends. Be sure to mask the rubber strips before painting.

TonksyDC5

Advanced Member
Not sure TBH. I asked Si a month or two ago and he gave me those links. So maybe it has to be all purchased together?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark_teg

Staff member
As above, they're around £60 a side.

For me, painting them won't cut it; replace only! Though I understand yours is mainly a track car Chris, so painting may suffice.

I broke the clips removing mine, something to think about if you're not replacing.

joiner

Advanced Member
Got mine last year from Si and was £57 a side, don't know if post would be on top of that as I ordered them with a shed load of other parts like headlights etc.

I have my old ones in the garage if anyone is interested in them, they're slightly dull and water marked but not through to the metal

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
As above, they're around £60 a side.

For me, painting them won't cut it; replace only! Though I understand yours is mainly a track car Chris, so painting may suffice.

I broke the clips removing mine, something to think about if you're not replacing.
Problem is that I don't really have anywhere to dry anything painted. I'll have a go at removing them without breaking and see how I get on, should that not work I'll just buy new. Thanks.

mikeyw85

Mine are peeling, but also when I look down, the bit of the strip that makes contact with the glass is bent and actually not touching the glass at all. So painting isn't going to do it.