Bit of an odd question

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Hey all might be a daft question but does anyone know of any products for sticking a tax disc holder to the windscreen without going overkill and using superglue or something equally ridiculous? I've got a metal one with the forum name on it which was in the car when I bought it and its got about 5 dots of adhesive but its falling off every day now I think it's down to the heat. I just don't want it to fall off then me getting fined for failing to display the tax disc. Cheers

davidpingu

Advanced Member
The dots you speak of can normally be bought separately. Try a search along the lines of "3M tax disc" on something like eBay and you should get some results

Erm

Advanced Member
Give the windscreen a good clean, let it dry then stick the sticky dots to the tax disc holder but leave the tape covering the stickyness on the outside, make sure it'll sit flush where you want it, if not take note which dots might need 2 stuck one on top of the other to make the tax disc holder sit flush. Once you are happy with that heat the area you are sticking it with a hairdryer so its nice and hot and then stick it in place and hold it for about 5 minutes putting pressure on it.

Once you've done that it should never fall off without using a crow bar :xgrin:

Mine's been in place for nearly 10 years and never once fallen off with that method :green:

richie79

Advanced Member
does the club do a tax disc holder? just wondering if the club has thought about making one for members? with integra club wrote on it? just a idea,maybe you already have one?

i know celica gt four owners club have they own,and couple of other clubs.

Gerard DC5

Advanced Member
Cheers for the replys hopefully sorted now! Richie the one I have is an itrdc5 one so someone must have made a batch at some point.

richie79

Advanced Member
Shame as I'm sure alot of owners would be happy to buy one from the club,plus the club makes money,everyone's happy then :)

molten-ice

Advanced Member
i got a magnetic richbrook one from ebay a while back, its very low profile and easy to change the disc....looks not bad either!