BKR7EIX Spark Plugs

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Word of caution to those running these plugs of the IKRS. Below pics from NGK technical following a failure of this plug.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
I see alot of companies advertising these as fitting a DC5, which is actually incorrect. If you check NGK website they do not list the BKR as suitable.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I had a loose plug when I last changed them. Luckily there was no lasting damage but sounds as though it could have been a lot worse!

ollieh17

Advanced Member
CW05TEG said:
I had a loose plug when I last changed them. Luckily there was no lasting damage but sounds as though it could have been a lot worse!
seems to have happened to a fair few DC5s with varying damage. Hopefully this explains why and people stop using the BKR7 as an alternative!

MikeH89

Interesting, this is what had been fitted to my DC5, might be worth pulling them out in this case.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
I've just checked the last set I bought and they are BKRs,supplied via japserviceparts.co.uk

I'm tempted to try and source the recommended IFRs and pull these ones out.

moody_mage

Dumb question, how are people checking their plugs? There's none of this info in any of the invoices or on the HTune site where I bought mine from recently.

bmargey

They aren't compatible with K-series in general. I recall ordering some from Tegiwa (given they advertise them for K and B )for my old ep3. I had it in at Hond-R for some other bits and mentioned I'd ordered some but they informed me correctly. Sent them back and have always used IFRs since.

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
Well I have contacted japserviceparts.co.uk just to notify them. If it saves somebody trashing their engine then it's worth getting the word out there.

#savetheKseries

CW05TEG

Advanced Member
OK so japserviceparts.co.uk have replied to my email.

They have confirmed that the BKR plugs are suitable for the k20a and a2 engines.

Either there is a conflict of information floating about or somebody is telling porkies.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
Had a response. See below. Be interesting to get full part number from them

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk