black bits on DC5s

larz

Advanced Member
anyone got any nice solutions for keeping the black bits black on a DC5... namely the front number plate surround (OEM) and the black panel at the foot of the windscreen. The black bits at the mirrors, etc. I have used back to black on previous cars but find it washes off quickly... I wash my car once or twice a week so it sucks to have to back to black it every time.

I have heard talk of a carbon fibre front number plate holder but have never seen any pics. Anyone got a pic? i've seen the rear mugen one... Has anyone wrapped exterior parts in carbon fibre wrap? The front number plate surround can't be difficult to do as a first wrap...

-Woody-

Advanced Member
Could paint them? There are a number of products like back to black but more long lasting. Some people burn them, bumpers anyway but i wouldnt wanna try that :lol:

larz

Advanced Member
i have one of those flambé torches but don't really wanna experiment with it on my teg... might try making flambé first!!! i might get a roll of that carbon wrap... saw a post by a dude where he did a load of bits and pieces on his interior and even his engine bay. Looked great so well worth the risk...

liam225

Advanced Member
hi, i'm a valater and use stuff called trim ultra from a company called autosmart. its good and doesn't cost a lot.

m40ttc

ive heard baby oil is ment 2 work but have'nt try it. :D iam sure somebodys got some lying around. ;)

jammy84

Advanced Member
Let me tell all of you: dont bother with any of that stuff until youve tried this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Plasticare-Tr...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a5a354d85

this stuff is top notch ive used it and it completely restores permenantly the black trim colours. it is none of that back to black stuff, its actually a DYE that soaks into the plastic making it return back to the original colour PERMENANTLY. expensive for a small bottle, but it does go a long long way so its well worth it. let me know how you get on.

anyone else tried this stuff?