Black Color Choices

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
hi, im thinking of respraying my whole car to Black... i know the nighthawk code is B92P... but here its so common that most CRVs, civics, jazzs, citys are using them..

do u guys have other Black paint recommendations thats nicer than the NH black???

what bout nissan skyline's black... or flat black.. :?

Evs

Advanced Member
How about Pirates Black - it's a very dark purple that came on the early Accord Type-R and some of the MB6 Civics?

Would look mint imho 8)

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Pirates Black is absolutely gorgeous, took over from Nighthawk on the 2nd run of EK & MB6 VTi-S's

I have some pics of my old MB6 VTi-S somewhere, but it's hard to do the colour justice without seeing it in the flesh.

Raffe

Advanced Member
ON my JDM DC2 I had black paint with a red/gold fleck in it rather than the silver / blue that the later DC2's came with...it looked awesome when the sun caught it 8)

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
cheers fellas... will do a search for that color on google.... its still Honda black... 8)
plus i can only use colors that matches the red interior... black, white, red, but Black is my ultimate choice...

thanks again

Raffe

Advanced Member
It was indeed a Honda oem colour and used on a few of the model range, my mates JDM CRX SiR was also the same colour :wink:

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
Oh no, it's definitely black with a hint of purple.

From memory the colour code is NH605P (christ, how sad is that!)

conoroneill

Advanced Member
It's a pearlescent black - ie - it's 2k basecoat black tinters (+ small amounts of silver & blue IIRC - it's a long time since I mixed it) with pearlescent tinters for added effect.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
ha ha matte black would be a killer... but damn tough to clean huh... cool guys will check em out at the paint shop later next week...

kingston

Advanced Member
wouldnt have thought so, think about how much time youd save on not having to polsh it to a mirror sheen,,, :D

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
anyone knows whats the evo 8 MR purple grey color code, thanks in advance.

Will it look ok on a DC5? with red interior.... ive got to choose a color soon cos theyre gonna start spraying this week... :oops:

Attachments