Black Interior to Red

neil278

Come a bit unstuck on were to look for a full interior in red (front seats door cards and carpet) any idears on breakers yards ect that i can try

They must be in a good grade a condition so i know its gonna be difficult inless theres anyone here that wants to swap with my black grade a interior :D

Thanks in advanced :wink:

neil278

i did see that but the guy's not even got a car yet :lol:

I do like the black and if i have to stick with it then no problems i would just rather have red and im not really going to lose any money swapping just the long look for a mint set :cry:

logik

Advanced Member
Ah ok, well i can imagine you will find it hard to find one mate. And if you wanted it done properly, the fabric is very expensive.

morgan

Advanced Member
I would have pulled your arm off for this a while ago - really really wanted black interior for mine !
Now however, keeping red purely on resale - people seem to want it. Mystery to me though... black looks better. Stick with it.

neil278

personly wouldnt not buy a car cos it had the wrong colour interior hence why ive got it with black in less it was brown or smothing :?

but i would rather black interior in a red DC5 think the red interior only suits white DC5's

If you change your mind morgan you know were i am :wink:

Just about to sort out my profile with some pictures of the new motor ill stick some interior pics in if anyones interested

jay82

Advanced Member
the red suits the black tegg really well, i even remember seeing a white tegg with the blue interior and it looked well.

neil278

yer good point red in black is nice but would be interested in a picture of blue in white :roll:

Gunn79

Advanced Member
neil278 said:
yer good point red in black is nice but would be interested in a picture of blue in white :roll:
Pretty sure Livvy fitted a blue interior into a CW Teg 8)

neil278

Cheers for the pics of the blue interior looks good

Been looking everywhere and i cant find anything

Has anyone got any idears of were to look?? or want to swap for my black interior :lol:

Morgan are you sure you cant be tempted :wink:

redcap

Advanced Member
I was very torn when i was looking for a CW as to wether i wanted black or red interior, i also wanted a very good condition interior which was proving hard to find so in the end i went for blue with blue interior. If i were you i'd leave it be. :D

Neil_H

Advanced Member
It's all a matter of taste, but I prefer the red myself. I think it also carries over the Type R branding (with the red R and the red Honda badges), which might explain its popularity? Black is a bit 'normal' for me.

I had full red on my S2000 as well (including the dash ) and loved it.

I reckon changing the carpet would be a long job.

JCW

Advanced Member
Fitting new carpet's not actually too bad of job once you remove the front seats and the centre console (which is easy)
then it's just a matter of popping off some bits of trim, lower anchor seat belt bolts and lifting up lower part of the rear seat.

took some pics of mine in various stages

i'm looking for some red seats.... though i'm quite fond of the red stitching on the black recaro seats
and find the red door cards and carpet makes it stand out much more than with the black interior
i've retained the black mats as well for now.

any questions don't hesitate to ask :D

neil278

I've been getting quotes on importing an interior and there coming out at £1400 to £1500 are they really worth that much :shock:

JCW car looks good mate i did see it and consider but i just want the whole lot red :lol: