black oem wheels... good or bad ?

kas.366377

Hi guys,

My facelift integra is a standard CW with white oem alloy wheels. Ive been thinking about getting the wheels resprayed metallic black or gun metal grey for some time now. Would I be ruining the japanese essence of the integra by spraying them? Or would it be a nice little modification? your opinions please!

Thanks in advance

Kas

firthy22

Advanced Member
Purely down to personal preference as white, black, gunmetal all look good on a White Teg. Depends if you want to keep the oem look or be a bit different and stand out from the crowd.

Cam

Advanced Member
The ones on mine have been sprayed a sort of grey/black and look a lot better IMO...

Grunty

Advanced Member
I have my standard wheels on at the moment which are gloss black. I'm not sure I like it to be honest, but they will do until I get new wheels.

anton1234

Advanced Member
I was thinking the same when I got my cw teg, but stuck with the white, black do look nice but IMO a white type r needs the white wheels to really make it stand out!! Even if you do have to clean them every 5 minutes! Lol

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Only thing I don't like is the wheel width and offset on the oem wheel otherwise I'd have done it ages ago. Always prefer a wheel which is flush with the arch

chris cc

Authorised Advertiser
I had oem ones and changed from white to satin black.
After being unsure about it I loved them once done.

Plus one major advantage of not having washed the car since japfest and the wheels still look ok,
even though they are dirty as ...
CW wheels would look a right mess by now.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I think if I was going black I'd go for more of a matt than a gloss. Only reason is I find with a satin black wheel its really hard to distinguish any kind of shape or design. At least in photos anyway. Think that a charcoaly black matt would look the nuts but not sure if anyone on here has done it?

Also I have the alloy colour oems on my CW after swapping my aftermarket rims with JonahDC5 who has the blue paint. If your white wheels aren't in bad nick and your going to spray them anyway, feel free to swap me for mine which need a refurb anyway :)

Rob_DC5

Advanced Member
I shall be selling my gloss black OEM wheels soon, I think they work well with any colour car :)