Black seats in a DC5 ??

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
The White 51 plate DC5 I went to see at the week-end had a full BLACK interior, including seats.
I was under the impression that the White cars had Red seats, Blue cars had blue seats (Don't know about the silver & black cars).

The seats were similar to uprated CTR seats and seemed better than the red one's I used to have in my DC2 (which I was expecting in the DC5)

The guy told me that some DC5's were fitted with black interiors from the factory - can anyone agree with this ???

(Oh - & i've done a search and can't find anything)

Zero7

Advanced Member
My understanding is that the white cars came with either red or black seats, red being the more popular.

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
Thanks, the black seats didn't seem as highly bolstered as the one's I had in the DC2, but were still grippy.
The DC2 one's got uncomfortable on a long journey.

gonzo

Advanced Member
As far as i know

White DC5 has Red and Black

Blue DC5 has Blue and Black

Silver DC5 has Black (poss Red?)

Black DC5 has Red and Black

Not sure on Red DC5

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
So ARE the normal red one's in the DC5 are exactly the same as the one's in the dc2 ?

and if so, are the black seats different ??

Zero7

Advanced Member
I find the DC5 seats more bolstered and grippy than the DC2 ones. They are nice but can hurt the hamstrings on long drives.

ian.main

Black Seats in a DC5

I have a WhiteDC5 with black seats and think they look much better than the red ones. Prior to owning my DC2 I have had 2 DC2's a black one with black seats and a white one with red seats. The red ones got grubby very quick and looked like they were an afterthought. It would have made more sense to make all the seats red if they were to be fitted at all. I find the DC5's seats much better that the DC2 they seem to hold you in better.

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info guys, I am getting more biased towards the DC5 than the EVO V at the mo - just wish I could sell my VII :lol:

Duckhunter

I have balck seats too!

Was orginaly looking for red seats like my old DC2 but the all over black interior is great and i don't think I could go back to red seats.

gsrgeoff

Advanced Member
Funny - i've seen a few places that sel toy DC5's.
Must be the only car that has more toy versions than actual cars in the country !!