Bleed Clutch - how?

nwcivic

Advanced Member
Hi there guys, looking for a comprehensive guide on how to bleed the clutch and where all the parts are and what I need to do. Anyone have any links/videos/articles?

Thanks in advance.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
That is the slave cylinder but in the picture the bleed nipple is behind the hose you've drawn the arrow to, if you get me.

Matt

nwcivic

Advanced Member
That is the slave cylinder but in the picture the bleed nipple is behind the hose you've drawn the arrow to, if you get me.

Matt
found it! thanks, bleeding the system made no difference though, think the master cylinder has gone, there's absolutely no resistance against the clutch pedal and it just stays down. Tried bleeding it but seemed as though there was no pressure, it was barely dripping out of the bleed nipple on the slave cylinder :(

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
If it's gone there will usually be fluid somewhere mate, had it lost any? If so check inside the car. Whereabouts are you?

nwcivic

Advanced Member
If it's gone there will usually be fluid somewhere mate, had it lost any? If so check inside the car. Whereabouts are you?

no apparent leaks, changed the clutch master cylinder as thought that may have been the issue. but no change don't think i'm bleeding it properly. I'm miles away from you mate - London.

Saint Matt

Advanced Member
Check underneath the rubber boot on the slave cylinder, if there's fluid there then that has failed. Shame you're so far away mate or I'd have a look for you, the clutch reservoirs are really small so quite easy to empty and get air in the system if you're not hot on it

nwcivic

Advanced Member
Check underneath the rubber boot on the slave cylinder, if there's fluid there then that has failed. Shame you're so far away mate or I'd have a look for you, the clutch reservoirs are really small so quite easy to empty and get air in the system if you're not hot on it
hey checked this and there's no leaks.

still having the issue, absolutely no pressure in clutch after bleeding dozens and dozens of times!

think I bought a dud master cylinder, or slave cylinder is busted, there is no movement from that rubber boot bit that goes into the slave cylinder.

any more ideas?

anyone mechanics in the south east that can come fix this!?! bleeding the system is really getting on my nerves lol!

dave7368

Advanced Member
any chance that you've made it worse by trying to bleed.....?

because if you don't even know where the bleed nipple is or what it looks like maybe you shouldn't be messing with it yourself at all !

nwcivic

Advanced Member
any chance that you've made it worse by trying to bleed.....?

because if you don't even know where the bleed nipple is or what it looks like maybe you shouldn't be messing with it yourself at all !
lol yeah I didn't try myself, I got the helping hands of people that know what they are doing. But seems they are just as baffled as me...