Blinding quote from A-Plan

dobber

Advanced Member
Well pleased with this. I was actually at teh point of thinking that it may be time to sell up if the insurance goes up.
I was paying £758 (£450 excess) with A.Flux but have just got a quote from A-Plan for £495 fully comp, protected, guarenteed hire car etc etc and £300 excess.....WOO flippin' HOOOOOOOO :D :D

Livvy

Advanced Member
Ours has just gone down £100 with Aplan, we'll be sticking with them for another year. 1st time our renewal has ever gone down. :D

davy_boy

If I go down this route, and maybe I will, it was the insurance that was the big put off, I am not way gonna pay over £1k for insurance. A-Plan have quoted me £755, £300 excess, protected and all that jazz, so it's now a serious contender, bit depressing when I can insure a Astra VXR for £550 though ...

Evil_Weasel

Advanced Member
Funnily enough, just renewed my insurance today over the phone with A-plan. Went down by nearly £400! :D

iDrew

Advanced Member
I renewed mine with A-plan today, it's gone down £150 :wink:

Now pay £600 :D

pudski

Advanced Member
got mine for £499 with A-plan
was told the longer u have the car
the cheaper it should get :roll:

dobber

Advanced Member
matt b said:
:shock:

Whats your spec :lol: age, ncb, etc
Age 33 (ouch)
full no claims
no accidents (well 1 but long ago hehe)
No endorsements

HKS CAT back
and a few other bits i forgot to mention :oops: i did mention the exhaust though :)

All in all bloody good i'd say

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Our renewal is down £289 and that includes the kpro for which they wanted an extra...........

£26 :?

Zero7

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
Our renewal is down £289 and that includes the kpro for which they wanted an extra...........

£26 :?
Just got my quote for my mods and there are a fair few of them going on this week, the price has gone up 10%.

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
Andy,

what did you say about the K-pro, did you say it was an engine chip giving less than 10% power?

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
SiKBoY said:
SCOTTIECTR said:
Andy,

what did you say about the K-pro, did you say it was an engine chip giving less than 10% power?
Nope I said aftermarket ECU.
Thanks, did they ask any other questions? Keep meaning to phone them about mine and the exhaust. They wanted £26 extra then?

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Mine went down by £500 :shock: although I did have to 'persuade' them to take off the last £200 :D

typer666

i called a-plan and was told they wont inusre anyone under 25 for the dc5:????

the quote was for mum , dad 41, 44 me 19.... 9pncd very low rated area, cat 1 + tracker, no mods, parked in drive under 8k miles sdp for just my parents it was £587:S? and they wont qoute for any 'kids' under 25

typer666

I am getting sooooo p*******ed off with companies not being able to quote without a reg.... HELLOO!!!!!! do they ever think people want a quote before they buy cars???:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::