blitz damper zz-r any good?

timyboi

Hi guys. My tein coilovers are shot. Knocking and ticking constantly. I've found some blitz damper zz-r coilovers which sound decent and are a decent price. Just wondered if anyone on here had got any on their car and whay they are like? Any help would be appreciated cheers.

James-T

Advanced Member
The problem with JDM suspension is that they are made for Japanese roads, which are nothing like UK roads. Plus, it's not exactly easy to get them repaired if they fail.

I suggest looking at brands which are more directed at the UK market. Eibach/Bilstein or Nitron if you can stretch!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
YellowSpeed coilovers are getting excellent reviews everywhere too. Reality new company to the UK but all impressions are positive so far I think. AreaMotorsport do some which are tweaked with different rear springs which seems to be better than the off the shelf ones.

timyboi

I don't use the car a great deal tbh certainly no long drives. I've always thought blitz to be a real good make? I've found them going for £595 which is good compared to others I've found. I'll check out them yellow speed ones cheers!!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
That is cheap, are they new or 2nd hand and where are they coming from.

If it's from Japan remember shipping etc will suddenly make it quite expensive.

Blitz will be a good brand but as James T said, they are a Japanese brand and thus developed for Japanese roads, so shall be stiff.

Some people will find them OK, others won't.

timyboi

I found them on nengun. Here's the link http://www.nengun.com/blitz/damper-zz-r-honda yea maybe they will add a bit on for delivery but will have to see. I have also read some reviews where people have said they are softer then most. But sayin to them that's a good thing.... I don't mind a hard ride tbh. The shocks are gone all round at them moment so.its got hardly no give atall. And i can even live with that if it want so bloody noisey!!

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Ahh, ok. So Nengun ship from Japan as far as I'm aware so there will be significant increase on the price unfortunately.

timyboi

Ah ok cheers. I'll give them a ring and see what the charge would be for delivery. Would it be worth getting my current coilovers refurbed? I read u can send them to tein and they go over them. Not sure what the called but I reckon they are worth a fair bit. They have a unit inside the car which u can change the firmness on. But it's not wired in. Only problem would be what would I do with the car while the suspension is being sent off lol.

James-T

Advanced Member
I'd add around £300/£400 onto the price of those coilovers for shipping/paypal fee/customs.

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
timyboi said:
Ah ok cheers. I'll give them a ring and see what the charge would be for delivery. Would it be worth getting my current coilovers refurbed? I read u can send them to tein and they go over them. Not sure what the called but I reckon they are worth a fair bit. They have a unit inside the car which u can change the firmness on. But it's not wired in. Only problem would be what would I do with the car while the suspension is being sent off lol.
The electronic adjustment is just an add on for the Tein coilovers so won't really effect getting them refurbed or not. If it works though it is worth a few quid.

I think to be honest, people don't generally bother refurbing coilovers unless they are sort £1.5k plus sort of money.

MeisterR

What are you using the car for?
Is it a fast road car with occasional track days use?

If so, we do have the MeisterR Zeta-R as another option.
But the down side is that we are out of stock now but new stock arriving this week.

Retail at £769, but with the 10% DC5 discount they are £692 delivered.
Comes with a 1 year warranty so you know if anything goes wrong, we will sort it. :)
And of course, all service are done by us in the UK.

Jerrick

timyboi

Just road use at the moment mate. I haven't had it long but would love to get it on a track!!
That's a good price! I will see what happens with my teins. They coming off soon and when they do ill decide whether to refurb them or go for something new. If I do change I will definitely be Getting in touch with yourself!
Thanks for the info :)