blowers are stuck on medium to high speed!! please help

duncan84

Advanced Member
Hi I have had this problem for a while so I brought new dials unit which controls the air con, heater, etc. All work apart from the speed control one. Have plugged the new dials in and its still happening!! Don't know what it could be now though.

Don't want keep replacing all the wrong things which are working fine.

Any help please lol

thanks

duncan

Josh16v

Advanced Member
I don't think it's the dials themselves. If it's anything like my last car...

Heaters typically operate through a resistor kind of thing, so if you have it on setting 1 it limits the power going to the blowers, sort of the same as a house hold dimmer switch.
If this 'resistor' is broken, it's basically either blowers are on or off, no middle ground.

Not sure where you'd find it on a dc5 though!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
I had to do this on mine. It's a little resistor pack that sits below the blower motor behind the glove box.

Part number is;

79330-s6m-941

Was about £60 iirc though.

Timtegdc5

This sounds like the same problem I had twice, except my blowers were stuck switched off.

The first time i replaced it with a new unit, but the second time it happened to me I just replaced the thermal cutoff in the transistor unit. Only cost me pennys and was a simple soldering job to replace. This link should help http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=506999.

If you want to replace the unit, you can buy new or Integrastella will probably have a 2nd hand one (look on ebay).