Blueflame

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Had a search on this but to no avail.

Juat a quick question really, has anyone had any experience of a DC5 with a Blueflame exhaust? I had one fitted to my DC2 and i was very impressed with it, the quality was great and the noise for me, was perfect.

My mate also was impressed, he went to their factory and got one custom made for his golf V6 4Motion and again, with excellent results

But no one on here seems to have tried them on a DC5.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
I looked at one for my CTR, it was selling on e-bay. Have a search on CTRO for posts by me with Blueflame as I can't remember the outcome now.

celox performance

Advanced Member
I'm sure you would get a good quality system from Blueflame for a DC5 with a good power gain. All i've heard is praise for this company. I don't know anyone who's had one fitted to a DC5 but I know a lot of people who've had them fitted to Preludes and MR2's and they've been very impressed by them. TBH they're probably as good or even better than the big names eg. HKS, Buddyclub etc etc, just not as well advertised. With the big name brands I always think you pay for the name. I know a lot of people will probably disagree with me on this forum, but more expensive isn't always better.

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Well i kow they do exhausts for TVR's etc and apparently they actually make mongoose exhausts but they are just re-badged (not sure if thats true though)

But like i said, i was very impressed on my old DC2.

I'll take a peek over on CTRO like chris suggested,

Cheers :)

DC5TU

Advanced Member
Ill be fittin a Blueflame turbo back system on the beefa

Rave reviews over on the seat forum

celox performance

Advanced Member
Andywilkinson said:
Well i kow they do exhausts for TVR's etc and apparently they actually make mongoose exhausts but they are just re-badged (not sure if thats true though)
I thought that Collins Performance in Congleton are the manufacturers of Mongoose, but again I could be wrong too :lol:

LeeH

Advanced Member
I had one on my EP3. Very heavy, very loud with poor welds.

No idea on the gains but it sounded well but it has that awful boom on the motorway.

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
LeeH said:
I had one on my EP3. Very heavy, very loud with poor welds.

No idea on the gains but it sounded well but it has that awful boom on the motorway.
I'm finding this on the CTRO forum, people dont seem to be too happy with them on their EP3's :?

Been looking on youtube at some of blueflames projects, they sound very nice on a nissan GTR R34 8)

Martctr

Advanced Member
Lee H hated his, but I loved mine and had no problems with quality!

Mines now been sold on to Jo off the CTR owners forum and she loves it. Quite annoying as it's a great sound so whenever we meet up and she is driving in front I feel quite jealous.

I contacted Blueflame about a DC5 catback, but they have not made one yet.
They can make one for anyone interested and there is a special low price for helping them by letting them have your car for a bit. Was tempted, but the factorys 300 miles from where I live :?

ban77

i had a turbo back blue flame exhaust on my SEAT leon, and it sounded excellent. quality overall seemed good, but i did have a very slight blow on one of the welds on the center section, im sure this could have been sorted if i took it back, but i was selling the car and im lazy, this did put me off a little tho. :( not had any experience with them on honda's however.

celox performance

Advanced Member
Blueflames not far away from me so I could leave them my car for a couple of days. I might give them a phone and see what they can do for me. I know when I went to Peco for a cat back system to be designed on my Calibra turbo they had the car for a day and only charged me £20 for the system :D

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Not to far from them myself, just outside chester, i've been to their place before with a mate, its in skelmersdale, which i have to say is THE most boring place earth :lol:

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
Gave these guys a call today, and he said that i would need to go to their garage to get the car inspected and to be given a quote, but he said the starting price would be £375, which i think is a bit steep, considering they can then use the design from my car to make themselves shed loads more money!

Martctr

Advanced Member
HOW MUCH!!!!

Complete rubbish as all their systems on ebay seem to be cheaper and as said you are doing them a favour and the price thay gave me was alot less than that. Did you remember to say the ep3 back pipe fits so it's only a backbox needed?

I'll PM you how I got in touch as it sounds like the joker answered the phone when you called.