Bluumin Garages

Wootty

Advanced Member
Now would you beleive it....

I take the Teg to my local garage - been servicing (and minor modding) my cars for years - 2 civics, prelude and the Audi - to change the Sump and MOT it.

Sump they said they could do and did so thats OK.

MOT - they had to swap the stock header and CAT back on and remove the Jackson header - so they did, but cursed every minute of it apparently, plus they had to order a new gasket for the manifold to the block. Then the Teg was too low to go on their MOT ramp so they had to take it to smeone else they know for the MOT.

Then picking it up yesterday - i go to the boot to see if all the bits are in there and the Jackson header is still in the boot :evil:

The fitter said he was not told to put it back on and wasn't it a waste of time, and was i going to do this every year :!: Well excuse me but if I'm paying for it then why should he care how many times he has to do it. So rang back ths morning and they said well they didn't have time to put it back on but I could bring it in sometime and they'd swap it back - though they didn't think they should as it was illegal to run without the CAT.

Blummin 'ell they did the same to the FTO so why not thie Teg. :evil:

So now gonna wait till my Fujitsubo arrives then find a friendly place Simon knows and get them to put it all back on.

Well - Soz about the rant but i do feel better now thats off my chest.... :D

Duncs

i have a mate who looks after my car, and has looked after all mine for the best part of 20 years, he is as good as gold,
good mechanics are hard to find,

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Sorry to hear about your trouble.....

Just lucky I know a 'friendly' place :wink:

With all these changes though, even just an exhaust, you need to factor in a re-tune tbh.... The K Series is very exhaust sensitive... I know :!:

Mike

Wootty

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:

With all these changes though, even just an exhaust, you need to factor in a re-tune tbh.... The K Series is very exhaust sensitive... I know :!:

Mike
Yep - I know - so have the two maps - JRSC + stock header (CPL Tune), JRSC with Jackson Header (CPL Tune) - so I just swap them over at MOT time - ahhh they joys of K-pro :lol:

I always thought this place was a friendly - But i think this time they bit off more than they could be bothered with..... :roll:

dan the man

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Retune. so thats only with aftermarket ecu then... :x

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Wootty said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike
Yep - I know - so have the two maps - JRSC + stock header (CPL Tune), JRSC with Jackson Header (CPL Tune) - so I just swap them over at MOT time - ahhh they joys of K-pro :lol:

I always thought this place was a friendly - But i think this time they bit off more than they could be bothered with..... :roll:
Even by changing the 'cat' back system after being tuned on a particular setup your need a retune......

Hence, your current tune with JRSC & J Header may need to be redone with your new Cat back.... that's was what I was getting at...

Mike

Wootty

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Wootty said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike

Even by changing the 'cat' back system after being tuned on a particular setup your need a retune......

Hence, your current tune with JRSC & J Header may need to be redone with your new Cat back.... that's was what I was getting at...

Mike
Ahh - understand now xthumbup .... The Fuhitsubo's not arived yet so will get it all done then....

Just spent a couple of hours today swapping the header back myself....

Man what a pig of a job without a ramp.... But I done it :lol:

Getting to old for all this messing about under cars now.... :lol: ohhh my back!!

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Wootty said:
MJ Type-R said:
Wootty said:
MJ Type-R said:

Mike

Mike
Ahh - understand now xthumbup .... The Fuhitsubo's not arived yet so will get it all done then....

Just spent a couple of hours today swapping the header back myself....

Man what a pig of a job without a ramp.... But I done it :lol:

Getting to old for all this messing about under cars now.... :lol: ohhh my back!!
At least you understand my point now.... at least some listen :wink:

I know what you meen, I was messing around with my lastest mod yesterday... becaise of the strange positions I got in.... (let those minds wonder :oops: ) I've done my back in as well.....

Mike

dan the man

Advanced Member
side exit exhaust?
flamer kit?
under car neons?
air suspension that bounces?

come on do tell :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wootty

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
At least you understand my point now.... at least some listen :wink:

Mike
Mike - I always listen. My ol' pa used to say - listen to every one first - then make up your own mind :lol: