Bogging Down

Rameezali

Hi, I have recently developed a problem with my teg and cant work out what it could be. So as the fuel gauge reaches 1/4 tank while i am driving the revs will bog down to 3k rpm and the pedal can almost feel as if it is going numb then come back on the power. the lower the fuel gauge gets the more often this happens eventually not letting you go above 20mph and 3k rpm.
the car itself has a number of modifications including: tegM induction, tegiwa manifold, un slienced b pipe, skunk 2 mega power r exhaust and has also been mapped by TDI on a k100. I do sometimes get an EML light on start up but not every time this happens and haven't had a chance to check this as its only quite recent. Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?

Thanks

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Are you in the North West?

If so I'd take it to Chris EFI Parts in Runcorn, he'll get it on the rolling road and it will highlight any running issues it may have.

I'd try replacing the fuel filter and run some Fortes fuel cleaner it see if it helps. Failing that get some new plugs etc and see if that helps.

Rameezali

I‘m in the midlands, due a service so will be giving it a once over and will get the fuel filter replaced aswell so if it makes a difference, just a bit strange really as only happens the lower the fuel gets.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Hope you've got this sorted.

I experienced a similar issue, at exactally 1/4 of a tank and it was down to the fuel regulator and also fuel filter housing.

When the fuel dropped below a certain level 1/4 the pump wasn't feeding fuel through causing the shocking performace and as you explained numb feeling.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk