Bolster repair

Gary

Advanced Member
Has anyone ever had their seat bolsters repaired??? if so, when? where? how much? and of course,were you happy with the result - did the new alcantara match up, or did it look like a pigs ear??? I either need to get mine done or I'm gonna have to buy a new seat.................. as usual thanks in advance lads!

sinbad

Advanced Member
The seat cushion is easily replaceable and could be done by anyone.

the Seat material if not ripped should just be cleaned, the black/shinyness that the cloth has is just dirt and can be cleaned up with some elbow grease and some good interior shampoo.

Capital seating can provide new material i believe so then you just need to take that to an upholsterers and have it fitted.

Gary

Advanced Member
TypeGRRR said:
I've written a D.I.Y thread here if you fancy tackling it yourself.

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=23055
Thanks for that pointer TypeGRRR, a very informative and illustrative post, hence all the props you got =D> for the obvious effort you put in!

You say when you tried to swap the seats over you ran into difficulties, can you be a bit more specific as both my upper and lower side bolsters are pretty much shagged and a seat swap and then getting the drivers seat repaired might be my only option as when I checked out Capital Seating's website (thanks again :wink: ) they do left and right lower foams plus the suede covers and altho they do the upper bolsters as a one piece surround I can't see the suede cover for that part anywhere, I'm an aircraft engineer by trade, so I can do any kind of modifications as long as they are possible - any ideas or further info that could help??? thanks again :)