Bonnet Bra Impressions

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Hi all,

I've been looking at this here bonnet bra and think it's something I am going to go for. I don't care about the fact its going to make my car look like its got a moustache, I'm concerned about the paint's longevity at the front of my car. It's a daily drive for me, so I need to protect it as much as possible.

My questions are as follows:

1) Based on this particular bra, and on others, will it actually benefit me? I mean, will the bra rub and scuff the bonnet? I reckon over time I will need to re-polish/compound the area the bra covered?

2) Are there better ones out there that I should aim for?

3) Is there anything else I should have to think about?

Cheers in advance.

Phil

eXceed

Resident Driver
Okay I really don't get these kind of things, for a start if you wanted to protect the paint why not get a vinyl wrapp around the front sections of the car? A bonnet bra is for 4x4s (from the pic...) and look HORRIBLE! Failing that you can get the stuff they use on alloys dyna something. Sure someone will post what I'm on about!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I have heard they damage your paint, personally I would avoid.

You would be better off getting a second car as a run about if you love your DC5 that much...

ollydc5

Advanced Member
Can understand if you wanna try and take care more of a sort after front bumper or summat but sick of seeing these things. Saw one on a totally standard corsa c the other day and my only question was why? The only thing making a bra look good is if you stick Megan Fox in the middle, Boom just my 2p's worth lol

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
Sure you're protection you paint work but what's the point when you're covering it up with something so curse ugly. I'd rather pay for an annual front end respray than put up with looking rubbish all the time!

integrad

Looked into these years ago the grit gets under the bra and slowly rubs the paint away so for the sake of a couple of hundred quid you might as well get your front end repainted when you get a few chips.

Garaculas

I hate bras on any car and especially ruin the DC5!

Also an old mate of mine had one on his corrado and the moisture gets under the leather and ruins your paint. Theyre meant to go on for going to and from car shows to avoid stone chips. Not to leave on all the time :p

eXceed

Resident Driver
Hangon guys, can I be a bit more general and say that I hate bra's full stop!?... ^_^

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
Wow such a positive response! :twisted:

Ok, so it's pretty much a given that I'm not going to get one now, (nothing to do with peer pressure, not at all :-" ).

Clear vinyl will probably be the way I go, as I do drive it daily (don't want another car as everything else I've driven seems just wrong now).

Are there any pre-cut vinyl kits or shall I just DIY it?

Thanks for your replies, and Lee, I might get one purely for that reason! :wink: