Bonnet Latch & Release Cable

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
Does anyone have a photo of the latch itself? an upclose one would be preferred, I would like to compare it to a USDM one.

Reason being, I want to relocate my bonnet release to the right hand side.

Also, if someone has the diagram of how the cable runs in the car, it would be much appreciated.

Thank you :xcheers:

So far, I have the panels, I'm hoping my OEM parts will work, otherwise I will order the JDM ones:

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
May i ask, why?

I bought the panels (as shown above) from a DC5R, the cable and the release are on the Left side of my car. I wanted to know if I can simply run that SAME cable to the right side and if the latch is the same or not.

I did it with the fuel cap release cable already. I had to buy a new cable, since the DC5R is longer than a USDM DC5 and a new fuel cap release lever as well. I just want to know if this is the same problem that I will run in to before I start the job. :xcheers:

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
is your car left or right hander'd? i can understand if its right hand drive but retains the USDM catch and cable, but if its left hand drive and you want to move it over to the right does that make it more inconvenient? :xconfused:

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
Coldfuse said:
is your car left or right hander'd? i can understand if its right hand drive but retains the USDM catch and cable, but if its left hand drive and you want to move it over to the right does that make it more inconvenient? :xconfused:

It's a conversion that I'm doing.

If you own a DC5R, can you kindly take some pictures of what I'm asking for, it would help me out a lot.

Thanks.

GEORGE TYPE-S

Advanced Member
Thanks for the link, I'll end up figuring this out in the summer time, I ended up buying the latch with cable off a rhd since it was impossible getting a close up photo...

As far as them being different I don't think they are, I just wanted a confirmation, which no one could provide, so I'll swap everything out and that's that.

I got the plate from inlinefour. 220 cdn brand new and shipped, excellent service as well :)

jay82

Advanced Member
yea i've been having trouble up loading pictures to photobucket for some reason lately