Bonnet pins, Whats the options

flex1984

Advanced Member
Iv been looking about at different designs and i want somethink thats not in your face.

So far ive seen your aurocatch, dont like these much,
Old fashion sparco pins( not very secure)

Then i came accross these http://www.quik-latch.com/

Thay do the main ones on the site but also some mini ones which are much cheaper and you will hardly notice them on the bonnet.

I email the site and thay say the small ones will with-stand a pulling force of 150 pounds

Do your think this is strong enough to secure a bonnet down without a latch?

weggy

Advanced Member
I tried to get bonnet pins but as I have got a mugen bonnet and due to the curveture then it is hard to do bonnet pins with out possibility of cracking the bonnet. but if you have a metal bonnet then I think that you should be ok. If you find away of pinning a composite bonnet without long term damage then let me know as I would love to go a similer way.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
it is simple to drill fiberglass/carbon without cracking, if you want ultimate security then a good old fashioned pin (and still using the bonnet catch) is about the best and simplest to fit. if you want something that looks better then the aerocatch is good and works well are a bit of a pain to fit and setup properly.

flex1984

Advanced Member
The trouble is the bonnet im looking at does not come with a latch, can you buy the latch from honda?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
what do you mean no latch?

the "D" shaped steel ring that is fixed to the bonnet?

if it is not retro fittable then aerocatch do some locking catches to add some security, if you dont have a bonnet catch or lock anyone can open it.

i have some aerocatch pins here which i was going to sell, i'll check if they have locks or not.

flex1984

Advanced Member
Yer the d shape metal ring on the bonnet, the bonnet does not come with one, bonnet is below

http://www.rhdjapan.com/max-racing-frp- ... egra-56177

What id like to do is try fit a metal d shape ring to the bonnet, and then fit some tiny mini latchs like in the pic below

These mini latchs work like bonnet pins but lock together, and will give the clean look im looking for

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
yep nice, i looked at the link and while they look great, they offer no security as anyone can open your bonnet

flex1984

Advanced Member
That true, that why i was thinking of trying to install the OEM d shape latch onto the bonnet, Kind of have clean look plus the added security from the latch.

If honda dont sell them im sure some metal shop could make one up

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Like those 8) although personally......

These have always tickled my fancy! :D

Although perhaps only suited to American Muscle Cars.

Take some pics of your bonnet... and I can Photoshop some on 8)

*EDIT, forget the pins! get a Buddyclub Bonnet! :lol: 8)

flex1984

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
Like those 8) although personally......

These have always tickled my fancy! :D

Although perhaps only suited to American Muscle Cars.

Take some pics of your bonnet... and I can Photoshop some on 8)

*EDIT, forget the pins! get a Buddyclub Bonnet! :lol: 8)
OK heres a pic of my bonnet, see if you can work your magic porthos ;) -or could u add amax racing bonnet and pins??

And them other pins got to be left on the muscle car, looks really good on them cars.

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
I've got the aerocatch pins on mine. Fairly easy to fit and I think they look really nice.

Matt

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
Croccy said:
I've got the aerocatch pins on mine. Fairly easy to fit and I think they look really nice.

Matt

Hey Matt,any chance of a pic,with the hood up?

Croccy

Show Co-ordinator
Only one I have to hand is this one. You can just about see the catches underneath. I'll try and get a better one later.

Matt.

chalkie said:
Croccy said:

Matt

Hey Matt,any chance of a pic,with the hood up?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Matt, what was going on with your headlights!? :?

I take it thats an old pic?

Just to help you out... 8)

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
PORTHOS said:
Matt, what was going on with your headlights!? :?

and the Type R badge..... :shock: :lol: :lol:

Each to there own. :-"

Cheers Porthos. 8)

flex1984

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:

Gets my Vote! 8)
Thanks alot m8

These look good, there the ones the max racing car are using.

But iv read somewere that these might not be road legal