Boooooo!

mardon

Well been ringing round insurance companies and can't get a quote for a 23 year old :(

No ones seems to do it other than Adrian Flux and the woman said it'll be over 2K and hastily passed me over to another company???

Tried

HIC
Adrian Flux
Bell
Aon
Sky
A-plan (guy was very helpful non the less)
Noel Dazely

Have the rules changed or something. Its not down to the details I’m giving them just the age.

Think that’s it. Any other ideas?

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
im 23 and have had no probelms getting renewal quotes, didnt have any problems last year either.

ive had renewal quotes off adrian flux and a-plan, and im with noel dazely at the moment.

maybe its where you live? :-k :xconfused:

mardon

Possibly. One place said my post code is rated 24 out of 30.

But most said you have to be over 25 with this car before I even got to personal details. Oh and I dont have a strong regional accent in case that might put someone off (not that it should lol).

I was told a lot of insurers had changed their rules. Wonder if there's been a lot of crashed with under 25 in the last few years :(

So So gutted TBH. Going to look at a 230bhp CTR tomorrow. Might cheer me up.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
if you do go for the CTR try Greenlight as they are very good for that car with mods plus trackdays are only about £50-£60 with them

mardon

Nice one i'll try them tomorrow. I'm still going to get a DC5 it will just have to wait a couple of years :(

AlanS

Advanced Member
i'm on the same boat as you mate, also 23 year old had a very reasonable quote back in aug last year from Aplan which convinced me to order a fresh one from Andy.
Phoned them again for a proper quote and got told their underwriters have changed their policy, so no longer give out new quote for under 25 as there were many claims for DC5. :evil: :cry: but current policy holders are not affected.

Now i have a DC5 due early Feb. but no one will quote me other than Adrian Flux.
all the insurance company i've tried said over 25 only.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
mardon said:
Well been ringing round insurance companies and can't get a quote for a 23 year old :(
I'm 23.... and Nobody would touch me.... apart from Green Light... who said 2k, lol..... oh and he didn't believe me when I said I could get insured for £1,400 and just laughed......

Rang up Adrian Flux, who I was insured with on my fiesta, they quoted me £1,300... so in your face Green Light man, :lol:

I'm 23 with 3 years NCB and Ive been driving under a full licence for 2 years.

As for A-Plan..... personally I wouldn't touch them... they NEVER got back to me on more than 3 occasions.... twice they never even bothered to reply to quote requests and the first time they said they would ring me back and I'm still waiting.

mardon

Strange the guy from A-plan was really sound with me??

Flux quoted me over 2k :( My post code is the killer I think. I will see if greenlight are open.

bezza4

Advanced Member
I am 23 and doing the ringing round bit at the moment. A Plan have given me a renewal quote, and Sky have quoted me near enough the same. I have put call back requests in to Adrian Flux, Noel Dazely and Greenlight. No one else will consider an under 25 or don't have the car listed.

mardon

Greenlight said no one over 25 on a civic ether. Next I wont get my renewal through as you have to be over 25 to drive a 106 gti pfft!! lol :roll:

drivebymonkey

Advanced Member
mardon said:
Greenlight said no one over 25 on a civic ether. Next I wont get my renewal through as you have to be over 25 to drive a 106 gti pfft!! lol :roll:
im assuming it was that 230bhp civic you went to see?

if you couldnt get it on the dc5 what did you think would change for a more powerful ep3? :-s

raz786

Advanced Member
There's a member in the Newbie section V7MAT i think, getting insured for a great price at 21!! With Adrian Flux i think he said but I might be wrong, insurance is a funny thing :?

mardon

I didn't have any problems getting quotes for the UK civic (with mods declared). It was recommended that I try greenlight and they wouldn't insure me on a standard UK civic until i'm over 25.

Re the JDM civic I thought it may be easier to get insured on that because parts are more readily available.

Project

Advanced Member
Shame noel dazely arent doing it anymore, through them when I was 21 I got a quote of £1450 protected no claims, 3 years no claims. Am waiting for my renewal price to come through any day now.
Are you in the bad part of London or Birmingham for them to be saying no/giving you silly prices

mardon

Nope chesire?? Thing is a lot of places are saying no strait off. I they ask my age then say you have to be over 25. Thats before I give ANY details.