BOOST

Plasmapants

So over the winter or early next year I‘m thinking of turbo charging the car . Can anyone recommend any kits to buy or kits that you have fitted that works well . I will be doing the build myself , I see years ago greedy done a bolt on kit and that would of been perfect as the quality is very good . Can anyone comment on these eBAy kits too ??

Thanks in advance 👍

Mudgey

Advanced Member
Have you considered a supercharger? Instant torque, far better modulation with the throttle, far far easier to install and less compromises to be made behind the engine, maintenance is also far lower than a turbo car as there is less to go wrong.

If you get an eBay kit you are opening yourself up to a world of pain, the amount of horror stories I have heard is unreal, you'll end up spending more buying a proper kit later on.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
2nd this.

I went charged for all these reasons.
Certainly not disappointed!!!

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Plasmapants

yeah ill look into the supercharger option, there seem to be a few options and prices , i see tdi north makes a good fabricated kit for the dc5.

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
I could be wrong but with the Rotex i think you keep ac with a top mount but loose it with a bottom mount?

If your after simular power to the JRSC I think you will be ok with top mount

Plasmapants

Yeah , I see some kits will fit instead of the ac and some replace the power steering . So the Rotrex top mount will let me keep both yes ? I must admit I do like the look of the Rotrex bottom mount kit . Looks very tidy and if fitted nicely will still look extremely stock . Thanks for all the input guys . Muchly appreciated 👍

Plasmapants

Yeah , I see some kits will fit instead of the ac and some replace the power steering . So the Rotrex top mount will let me keep both yes ? I must admit I do like the look of the Rotrex bottom mount kit . Looks very tidy and if fitted nicely will still look extremely stock . Thanks for all the input guys . Muchly appreciated 👍

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
Hey folks - what‘s the opinion of Rotrex SCs these days? Seems a lot of comments about them being unreliable but I‘m yet to have found much evidence of this.
Would ideally like an SC kit that keeps Aircon (ie not bottom mount) unless they are really that much better.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
I think in the past there were a few that failed hence the reputation, but recently i haven't heard of the kits failing... only the engine on which they are mounted :xno:

Reggie91

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
Are you able to link to any threads or posts showing that?
I've just come across people on instagram who have this issue. But probably poor mapping/ trying to get the numbers too high (more than a standard engine can handle)

VtecPaul

Advanced Member
In which case I‘m not worried. I don‘t actually want big numbers at all - would be much happier with circa 300bhp and ultra reliable :)

Reggie91

Advanced Member
VtecPaul said:
In which case I‘m not worried. I don‘t actually want big numbers at all - would be much happier with circa 300bhp and ultra reliable :)
Yeah i think you can run up to 350bhp comfortably.