Boosted DC5 for sale on the bay (high price)

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Just wondered what would make a DC5 on boost sell at a high price.

Reason I'm interested, in the distant future I would love to get boosted, I've glanced over part lists and other builds and have a general idea what‘s involved. Like I say, this isn't something I'd be doing anytime soon for the obvious reason it's not cheap!

Edit: Would be good to know what sort of resale you'd expect with one that‘s running at the figures quoted with this one for sale.

Any input on why this one is so high valued?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-DC5-TYPE-R-HUGE-SPEC-460BHP/253634506733?hash=item3b0dcb6fed:g:n3gAAOSwF25bAM~U

ollieh17

Advanced Member
I don't think thats crazy expensive.Some cars you dont get back what you spend on them some you do. I think boosted dc5s are one of those, just like Evos

Chewy

Advanced Member
Compared to recent FI examples sold, for the spec of this one, It's priced a little high, yes...

But at the end of the day it's an £8K+ DC5 with £10K thrown at it in the form of forced induction and engine forging, etc.

The fact it's a forged engine is probably why he's asking the higher price though, as 99% of FI DC5's havn't been forged.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
Chewy said:
Compared to recent FI examples sold, for the spec of this one, It's priced a little high, yes...

But at the end of the day it's an £8K+ DC5 with £10K thrown at it in the form of forced induction and engine forging, etc.

The fact it's a forged engine is probably why he's asking the higher price though, as 99% of FI DC5's havn't been forged.
This. I've seen some higher mileage turbo'd DC5's sell for 14k-16k but have stock internals which end up packing up shortly after selling. So the fact this has been forged definitely adds value imo.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hard to get in anything else Close to 500hp for that money!
I kind of disagree with that comment, there are a lot of highly tuned cars out there (Evo's Subaru's, RX7's and so on running circa this number). I sold my 1100hp R33 GTR V-Spec for £18000 quite a long time ago, having looked this nowadays would be circa 25K :-/ as prices have since risen a lot it seems (if it was an R32 or R34 then I dread to think how much it'd be worth).

Personally I think this DC5 is a little on the high side, but it all depends on the condition and quality of the work, maybe 15-15.5K would be about right, but me, I always avoid highly tuned cars. I prefer to build one or have one done myself unless there is a full build and history with it being done by a very well known and reputable company (this one says TGM done it so that's a good thing) if 100% true and can be verified.

My GTR was built by Top Secret in Japan and was running an R34 GTR Nur Spec II engine with literally everything done to it (over 50k spent on the engine alone in Japan).

If you are looking to go FI on yours then I would say do it knowing that the markets unpredictable and keep in mind that you may loose a fair amount of money. I have seen many FI DC5's being stripped and returned to standard pretty much in order to sell easier and recoup a lot of the month.

I think the market for the older Honda's is going to stick, but most buyers will be purists who want the car to be as it was (N/A), when I wanted a FI car I brought something that out the box was FI and so made tuning and reliability a lot easier to both get and maintain.

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I disagree with that comment (well kinda) I sold my 1100hp R33 GTR V-Sp3ec for £18000, but this was a fair few years ago and prices have since risen.

Personally I think its a little high but not massively, maybe 15-15.5K worth as you never get back what you put in, but me, I always avoid highly tuned cars. I prefer to build one or have one done myself unless there is a full build and history with it being done by a very well known and reputable company (this one says TGM done it so that's a good thing) if 100% true and can be verified.

My GTR was built by Top Secret in Japan and was running an R34 GTR Nur Spec II engine with literally everything done to it (over 50k spent on the engine alone in Japan).

If you are looking to go FI on yours then I would say do it with a point in mind that you may loose a fair amount of money as the market for the older Honda's imo is going to stick but most will be purists and want then N/A as they were meant to be, when I wanted FI I brought something that out the box was FI and so made tuning and reliability a lot easier to both get and maintain.
Well yeh a few years back! Try find something now with that power for that price. Id also throw it out there that if built properly its more reliable than a similar powered Evo!

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Well yeh a few years back! Try find something now with that power for that price. Id also throw it out there that if built properly its more reliable than a similar powered Evo!
Sorry you replied as I was editing my post - I have seen a number of Evo's Subaru's, RX7's and so on running circa this number all for similar money, There was a nice EVO 9 GT for 18K a few weeks ago, they are out there and they don't sell as easily so will always be around (if one looks hard enough for one).

A FI DC5 should be amazing if done properly but I think the DC5 would have then lost it's roots so to speak :-( It was N/A for a reason and in stock form as shown by many Best Motoring Video's can complete with and beat many higher powered models of cars as they were mainly build for durability and consistent laps and track time over be fast, come in rest and cool down, go again, the Honda's kept the N/A for a reason and have only gone FI now due to laws changing for emissions etc.

I personally would love a go in a FI DC5 as I wanted to consider charging mine just to see what it was like and as I love the Charger noise (never had one) buty don't know anyone with a FI DC5 nearby

ollieh17

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
Sorry you replied as I was editing my post - I have seen a number of Evo's Subaru's, RX7's and so on running circa this number all for similar money, There was a nice EVO 9 GT for 18K a few weeks ago, they are out there and they don't sell as easily so will always be around (if one looks hard enough for one).

A FI DC5 should be amazing if done properly but I think the DC5 would have then lost it's roots so to speak :-( It was N/A for a reason and in stock form as shown by many Best Motoring Video's can complete with and beat many higher powered models of cars as they were mainly build for durability and consistent laps and track time over be fast, come in rest and cool down, go again, the Honda's kept the N/A for a reason and have only gone FI now due to laws changing for emissions etc.

I personally would love a go in a FI DC5 as I wanted to consider charging mine just to see what it was like and as I love the Charger noise (never had one) buty don't know anyone with a FI DC5 nearby
Went in a charged ep3 once. Lost second pulling out the close lol

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Went in a charged ep3 once. Lost second pulling out the close lol
Lol did it struggle to cope? I have had some seriously high powered cars (all 4wd) so never had a traction problem, my GTR, Integrale, and Pulsar were all very very highly tuned, but when I went over to Honda's DC2 and the 5 now I have kept them N/A and focussed on chassis and handling more than power.

Was the EP3 running an lsd etc also? I assume the g.box on the EP3 and DC5 would also need a lot of work to handle the power?

Need to find one local to experience

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
DC5RLY said:
Just wondered what would make a DC5 on boost sell at a high price.

Reason I'm interested, in the distant future I would love to get boosted, I've glanced over part lists and other builds and have a general idea what‘s involved. Like I say, this isn't something I'd be doing anytime soon for the obvious reason it's not cheap!

Edit: Would be good to know what sort of resale you'd expect with one that‘s running at the figures quoted with this one for sale.

Any input on why this one is so high valued?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-INTEGRA-DC5-TYPE-R-HUGE-SPEC-460BHP/253634506733?hash=item3b0dcb6fed:g:n3gAAOSwF25bAM~U
Don't know mate, you'd have to ask the DC5 on boost what would make it sell haha!!

Sorry mate lol but I couldn't resist.

DC5RLY

Advanced Member
Chewy said:

That‘s a good point, majority of the one's I've seen on boost are still standard internals.

LeedsJason

You never get back what you put in for modifications

I will never get the money back for my 50bhp white stripes on the bonnet, i have come to terms with this.

Mattz

Advanced Member
The fact this has a forged engine and loads of other goodies would make anything around 15k/16k a good price IMO.

If you buy a bone-stock DC5 on 70/80k miles you're talking 8/9k. A set of coilovers, exhaust and a few other mods and you're already spending 11/12k. The price doesn't seem that crazy when you think about it.

LeedsJason

The price to "improve" his car is 15/16k - Yes i agree

However in resale terms you wouldn't expect to get this value back.

Not sure everyone see's his modifications as a plus point.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
LeedsJason said:
The price to "improve" his car is 15/16k - Yes i agree

However in resale terms you wouldn't expect to get this value back.

Not sure everyone see's his modifications as a plus point.
So it doesn‘t seem so bad, you‘re buying the mods and getting the car free....

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
The value in this car is all dependent on the type of person you buying it IMO.

If you want to go down the journey of building a car and seeing its improvements along with he way and enjoying the experience it‘s not so good.

If you‘re someone who doesn‘t really have a hands on approach to life and wants this type of car then it‘s a bargain providing it‘s been properly built and maintained.