Boot floor cover and seat belts?

MorttisMachine

Hi, finally picked up my Integra yesterday from Torque GT. Couple of things I'm looking at already.

Has anyone built a stronger boot floor, as in the liner that sit's over the spare wheel, the standard one seems a little flimsy for heavy loads.

On the seat belt front are there any type of adaptors available that hold the belt a little further forward, due to an injury I struggle a little to reach the belt being tucked away behind the seat.

All ideas and options welcomed.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Hiya, with regards to the boot floor, I contemplated this 7 years ago. haha never got round to doing a template, but I've carried many heavy items in it over the years and it's been just fine anyway. could use MDF I suppose cut to shape.

And the seatbelt can be a pain,. I went to a gym once and the day after it was painful trying to get the seatbelt haha. No such cure other then not going to the gym :) ..., but I'm guessing in your case this obviously this isn't going to help. :p

Could try resting the seatbelt on the top bolster after use so its easy to reach for next time round.? Or try grabbing It lower down and sliding it through your hand. About the only things I can think of off the top of my head. I'm unaware of any device to make reaching any easier, or something that would relocate the resting position slightly easier to reach however. looked on ebay?

MorttisMachine

Yeah cutting a wooded one and adding carpet may be the best option. I noticed the boot liner rattles around a little over bad bumps so either way needs some padding/velcro to hold it in place better.

Seatbelt wise has a search on eBay but didn't turn anything up.

jrscho

Advanced Member
Not really a helpful post but still ideas I guess!

I know BMW's have some sort of electric thing that pulls the seat belt out for you when you start the engine. Could perhaps make something of your own which keeps the seatbelt out at all times? Maybe like screw a long plastic plate and then have it hold the seat belt somehow..

Or maybe buy some sort of hook to grab the seat belt?

p1tse

Advanced Member
I roll my seat back each time I get out of the car to give clearance on the bolsters so the seatbelt is aligned I guess, so maybe roll the seat back each time?

gaza4

Advanced Member
+1 for the oem boot floor being fine. i've have huge guitar amps and pa systems in mine and never a bother!!!

p1tse

Advanced Member
I've noticed even with the seat all the way back the seat belt is still bit of a stretch.

impne

Advanced Member
I‘ve always used Vauxhall‘s nova seat belt supports since my first teg in 07

They hold the belt over the seat makes it easy to reach.

Just need to make the hole slightly larger, only plastic, very easy to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk