boot support struts

mikegsi

Staff member
mine are a bit iffy, anyone know where i can get some from, are they the same as uk honda applications???

or is there a quick fix for them, they dont look to be leaking, but sometimes they dont support the boot and it comes crashing back down!!

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
You might be in luck.... just sit tight! Some of the guys on here bought new parcel shelves and got new struts... they might ask you to make an offer.

Good luck.

mikegsi

Staff member
thats what i'm hoping!!!!

posted my intentions on the thread where they said they had ones come with their parcel shelves, but no response yet! :D

mikegsi

Staff member
ive been reliably informed that there are two different sets, one for rear wiper and one without.

mine is the one without, so i think i should get away with either, i would have thought the ones designed for wiper motors are a bit stronger (extra weight) so both should do.

on with the pm's then!! :D

jay.dee

Advanced Member
Fair play, but why supply extra ones for a lightweight shelf when your car will already have a pair on, presumably the correct type for a C spec/non-C spec car :?:

mikegsi

Staff member
dunno mate?

but if anyone wants to sell me theirs i'll happily take them! :D

gonzo

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
dunno mate?

but if anyone wants to sell me theirs i'll happily take them! :D
I'm gonna put the new ones on so old ones will be up for grabs soon!

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
gonzo said:
I'm gonna put the new ones on so old ones will be up for grabs soon!
Can you let us know if there's a big difference once you've changed them?

I got the spare ones too......really can't see how they can be much different for something so light! :?