Boot Won't Open!

storment

Hi Guys
Went to open my boot last night and it seems to be stuck. The latch seems to be sticking on something so you can't pull it towards you. I noticed on the inside of the boot (After climbing over the back seats :oops: ) that there seem to be two mechanisms, but fidding with either didn't help! You can still hear the boot locking and unlocking so I don't think the problem lies there! Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Duncs

thats a new one,
did you have anything in there that could get wedged in the mechanism when you last closed it?
try to get the plastic cover off and have a look and see if you can 'trip' the mechanism from inside the boot.
look at the mechanism from the RSX manual and see if that would help

mikegsi

Staff member
mine did something similar last saturday, just a one off though and hasnt happened since.

similar symptons, boot wouldnt open, could feel the button not going all the way in, i locked and unlocked it a few times with the remote adn it worked fine again

might be worth trying something simple like that first off

storment

This has been a bit of a nightmare. Had loads of people look at it, taken off every panel I could find in the boot and even took it to a honda garage. They had a quick look and said I would need to book it in (Over a weeks wait though) so I declined that. Saw my Dad last night for the first time since it broke and it took him about 10 seconds to fix :oops: :oops: :oops:
The problem was we were all trying to pull the boot up but all it needed was to be pushed down hard whilst attempting to open it. As soon as it was open once it was fine and now opens and closes as normal. Really simple fix when you know how so thought I'd share my :oops: embarassment :oops: to save other people time if they have this problem.