bouncing teg

benny

Advanced Member
i've got 3 amps in my boot, and a flat battery to go with them? will this be connected, as in a earlier post someone said the jap batteries aint all that? if i upgrade the battery is the alternater okay to cope with all the power? who's had the most amps in one car without uprating the alternater? and can you? the car does turn over pretty slowly?
plus also does any power goto the amps when the stereo is turned off? i do hear a thud when the power shuts down and there are no lights on the amps? but my last car had the same problem? and the one before? the remote wire that comes outa the stereo is connect to the remote on the amps, so in theory the amps should be dead? is it worth fitting a kill switch?
but it does sound amazing! your eyeballs vibrate!
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!

Evs

Advanced Member
The DC5 battery is pretty small, but if it's in good nick then you should be OK to run a few amps off it without it going flat, as long as you're sensible and don't sit there with the engine off and the stereo cranked up. Question is - do you do this? If you've had trouble with previous cars then why is that? :lol:

If the remote power-on lead from the HU is correctly connected to the amps then the amps won't be drawing any current when the HU is switched off.

You can put a bigger battery in without upgrading the alternator - this just gives you a bigger 'reservoir' of power to draw from.

HTH?

gonzo

Advanced Member
Try ICE section! :wink:

But why buy a track car to fill it full of heavy amps?!

Archie

Advanced Member
Get a power cap this will hold charge and you wont be draining your battery even if the engine is not running :D

Evs

Advanced Member
gonzo said:
But why buy a track car to fill it full of heavy amps?!
Good question - so what was all that MDF and metal attached to the back of your rear seats at Donny :?: :lol:

benny

Advanced Member
whatsa power cap? and where we get them from?,
there is only an amp for each sub and one for the 7*10, i cant be on a track all the time? have to have cool sounds driving to work? :D

benny

Advanced Member
wish i had time to sit in my car? to busy working!! i would drive to the bog i like the car that much? had a pug which had intermitant starting probs, and a ford need i say anymore? gonna get a big mutha of a battery tomorrow and see. all the amps look like they shut down when the stereo goes off? no lights and no sparks if i arc them, didnt know about the crappy jap bats.

benny

Advanced Member
nice one-gettin a massive battery tomo, if this doesn't work i'll try one of these? what with the not so tasty birds on the link? ew? :shock: dumped better haha :D

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
Archie said:
Get a power cap this will hold charge and you wont be draining your battery even if the engine is not running :D
I have apower cap in mine, it is pretty useful as it keeps a charge storwe, so when the amp / sub needs to draw sudden surges of power it takes it f4rom this source instead of the battery

However, do not leave your girlfriend wathcing dvd/listening to the radio while you go and play rugby for 2hrs....It's embarrasing having to jump start a teg :oops: :lol:

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Phone ' Global Ice Wired in Bolton ' ask for Neil or Lee, they will explain exactly what a cap does it can help car performance as well as it helps smooth the battery voltage.

It sounds as if your amps are not correctly set up as they shouldn't thump at switch off.
Once the battery has been flattened a couple of times it massivly reduces its lifespan.

Tell them how you got the number they will both know me

Simon.

crxvtec

Advanced Member
Power caps are just for musical transients - they do not hold enough charge to run your ICE for any significant period! If you want to sit there cranking choonz then you need a big battery or ideally two (one for the car, one specifically for the ICE) so that when your ICE battery is dead, you can still fire up the car's engine.