Braided clutch line

2ndy

Advanced Member
Has anyone fitted one? Bought a Hel line along with a new slave cylinder to fit, I was womderin what way people have fixed them to the car or they just screwed on and sitting across the top of the gearbox?

Also want to know what part of the clutch line it replaces? Where it bolts onto, is it straight after the small bit of flexi hose? or maybe it will become obvious when i actually look at it

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Had one fitted this year. It's replaces the hard line between master and slave and yes just zip ties around top of box. The only line left is the little rubber one on master to the resoviour

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

2ndy

Advanced Member
I dont suppose you would have a picture of your coyote? Thanks!

2ndy

Advanced Member
Had a look, think i get what you mean now, it goes from the slave cylinder right around to the master cylinder.. Atleast thats plenty of ugly piping gone from the bay :)

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
That's it! Sorry it's dark and rainy atm for pics

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I was under the impression it replaced the rubber hose? At least that's what the kit I looked at was for.
It would only benefit if replacing the rubber hose so that it doesn't expand as much.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
http://www.superstreetonline.com/how-to/additional-tech/htup-0807-steel-braided-clutch-line-hydraulic-line-installation/

Interesting read before you go ahead. Short story replacing the majority of the hard line with flexible can result in a soggier feel and even reduce clutch disengagement effectivity. I suppose with a firmer clutch this effect could be amplified.

The majority of people it seems will just replace the short rubber hose to a braided since that will improve it's resistance to bulge under pressure.

2ndy

Advanced Member

Is this what it replaces? I'm only replacing as it tidys up the engine bay but will be keeping the OEM line just Incase but I can't see it really having a negative effect on it that much

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, mine replaced all of that OEM piping so the braided line goes from master cylinder all the way to slave

2ndy

Advanced Member
Got it fitted today, won't know what it's like to drive with until next summer but after bleeding it doesn't feel spongy so think it should be ok

Rom

Advanced Member
I got one in a set, but it didn't fit, guess it's an Ep3 one maybe.

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
Rom said:
I got one in a set, but it didn't fit, guess it's an Ep3 one maybe.

Sent from my S6 Edge+ using Tapatalk
Same here for sum reason it had a m12 banjo fitting on, to long for the master and the slave is a m10x1.25 swivel fitting

Surly a correct braided hose would be, m12x1.0 90degrees (master) to m10x1.25 (slave)

Or am i missing something here as pictured above they are using a banjo fitting

Lewis.mac

Advanced Member
This is the banjo fitting supplyed, screwed fully down, its at least 8mm to long to remotyle work, which is why the OEM fitting is a m12 swivel 90

wj51fut

Advanced Member
2ndy said:
Got it fitted today, won't know what it's like to drive with until next summer but after bleeding it doesn't feel spongy so think it should be ok
Where did you get yours from 2ndy?