Brake disc options

Liam

Advanced Member
GIBLETS said:
I wasn't aware such things were available?

They had some good discounts online the other week, was going to order some EP3 Brembo rear pads as they were down to £17, I thought these were the only alternate parts euro were able to supply?
In my experience, the rear pads are the same between EP3 and DC5. However, both the front and rear discs Euro supply when you put in the reg of a DC5 are EP3 ones which don't fit.

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
Great stuff 👍🏻

I'm tempted to leave my rears, a sporty jap pad with plenty of life left in them however they're bright green and squeal a little when the brakes are applied in reverse so that'll probably get the better of me eventually!

Cheapest I've found a set of Brembo discs/pads for the front is £170 delivered so will probably go with that...

RichA

Advanced Member
Yep buddyclub do 2 piece ones to use with standard brembo, I've got some up for sale!

2ndy

Advanced Member
ijlh said:
Anyone used the OEM equivalent Brembo or Pagid discs from euro car parts? do they fit? and what do they perform like?
No they don't fit, they will supply you with ep3 discs.

2ndy

Advanced Member
And just to give my input on the discs, I use OEM on track with either my ebc bluestuff or mugen pads and they are great and that's on a track that is very very hard on brakes.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
AP also do a 300mm two piece disc, search for Paul G discs on here, should be some info. He had custom bells made up for the so they'd fit the DC5. I'd imagine Girodisc and Performance Friction would do the same as well.

ijlh

Advanced Member
Where can I get brembo/pagid discs for the DC5? Or any OEM equivalent discs... as the ones from Euro Car Parts are for the EP3 apparently. Anyone found anywhere that sells them specifically for the DC5?

joiner

Advanced Member
I'm in the same boat, need to replace my front discs at some point too, there only seems to be the 2 options, either go OEM or MTEC if you want grooved etc. It annoys me when you see discs for the EP3 going for next to nothing but I suppose that's the price you pay for owning a rare breed:)

GIBLETS

Advanced Member
ijlh said:
I'm all sorted for pads, just after the discs now. And those are genuine discs, which I may end up going with. Just seeing if there are any alternatives for a little less money, they'll be fine for what I want.
joiner said:
I'm in the same boat, need to replace my front discs at some point too, there only seems to be the 2 options, either go OEM or MTEC if you want grooved etc. It annoys me when you see discs for the EP3 going for next to nothing but I suppose that's the price you pay for owning a rare breed:)
In all honesty I think the Brembo discs/pads on offer from Cox are quite well priced considering they're OEM and for a performance car, not 100% certain but I have a feeling the EP3 Brembo disc offerings on Euro car parts may also be priced as a single disc, if so then the cost difference is barely worth noting.

ijlh

Advanced Member
They're basically 50 odd quid a disc, which as you say is pretty decent.