brake discs

integrad

Hi all has anybody on here used the kinetix brake discs that are being sold on ebay ?
If so any good :?:

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Use mtec brakes they are the original brembo front and Honda rear discs that have just been drilled and grooved, you can also choose your style if you visit there main website.

darrenk

Did anybody try these discs in the end? The kinetix ones I mean as there still on there at a good price?

Grov

Banned
leejw87 said:
Use mtec brakes they are the original brembo front and Honda rear discs that have just been drilled and grooved, you can also choose your style if you visit there main website.
Surely that just takes the good Brembo standard disc and weakens it by drilling?

Grov

Banned
I don't really see the point in these drilled discs that are basically standard decent discs anyways, i guess it's just for looks?

There is a Seat Ibiza at work with what looks exactly like those drilled and grooved discs on that MTEC site and im betting it doesn't need them, lol, the rear has drum brakes for gods sake lol.

Stoo

Whining.....
Just because a car has rear drums doesn't mean it doesn't need uprated front brakes for whatever reason.

The rears hardly do anything anyhow in the grand scheme....

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Yeah you can get heat cracks appear over time that's why I opted for dimpled and grooved and yeah more for the looks than the performance as the original brakes are good enough. :)

darrenk

Yeah I had drilled and grooved discs on my ep3 which were very good but they use to squeal really bad even though I used brand new shims and and copper grease. So went back to standard and the drilled and grooved were so much beter than hondas standard disc and pad set up.

To be honest I need new discs and pads all round and these discs seem to be at a really good price and didn't no if anyone had tried them as money is tight at the mo!

Grov

Banned
Stoo said:
Just because a car has rear drums doesn't mean it doesn't need uprated front brakes for whatever reason.

The rears hardly do anything anyhow in the grand scheme....
You ain't seen it or the owner.......lol.