Brake Fluid

P1SDW

Hi all

What fluids are we running in the DC5 for the track?

I just changed the discs and pads today on mine and wanted to get some new fluid in it as the pedal feel is horrible. It's improved now I have changed all 4 corners but its still no where near good enough.

Attachments

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Motul RBF 600 or 660 is a favourite on here. Top stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Mebz

Advanced Member
I've just had the RBF stuff put in mine.

The pedal feel on these is very progressive, I find the stopping power is there, you just need to stamp on the pedal.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
P1SDW said:
Thank you sir, an order is being placed right now!
No worries 2 bottles is best just to be safe. Should have enough left over to do the clutch too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Fez

Advanced Member
P1SDW said:
Has anyone seen/used these?

Whats the blocks in the 2nd photo? I haven't seen them on braided lines before.
Just look like normal goodridge hoses, not sure what the blocks are, maybe generic photo used?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

I noticed I had a bottle of RBF600 in the shed which was dated back to 2015 when I had the previous DC5. I need some for my TGM hoses when they get changed later in the month but the old man said you can't use it as it's out of date? I'm thinking it's brake fluid so it's not like I'm going to be drinking it lol so being out of date shouldn't matter.

Anyway, I've bought another bottle from a provider and it's dated 16/04/2018, will this be ok do you think or should I contact the provider I bought it from and ask for another bottle that's in date?

Fez

Advanced Member
Brake fluid is hygroscopic which means it absorbs water, so its probably gone. So wont be very good if you use it lol.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Fez said:
Brake fluid is hygroscopic which means it absorbs water, so its probably gone. So wont be very good if you use it lol.
Thanks mate, does this include the most recent purchase?

ste01

Advanced Member
As long as it's not open it'll be fine mate. Yes brake fluid does absorb water from the air but if the lid is on the amount you'd be looking at is negligible

(Both should be fine, old and newer bottle as long as both bottles were sealed well)