Brake light to fog light question

Steve95

Hello guys, i am currently trying to wire my inner brake lights to fog lights for the mot next week, i have used the search function but all the links are dead. From what i have read, i need a diode somewhere in the wiring, but can't figure out where? I have wired a switch from ignition live, to the back of the car, cut the white/ black wires and joined them to the feed, but all four lights illuminate? Any help would be much appreciated!

maxvr6

Advanced Member
You can fix most forum links by just editing the address from .com to .club they will still work

BataLeon

Advanced Member
Torque-GT used a red bulb and wired it to my reverse light. I was thinking if I had an issue at mot time I might buy some red film and put it over the reverse light too.

Maybe that will work as well?

impne

Advanced Member
Andy Nichols from the old 200bhp used to wire the fogs onto the brake lights. He used to do loads and fast.
Maybe pm him I‘m sure he‘ll pick it up
I want mine like that hate the cheap easy looking torque way
If you find out I wouldn‘t mind a diagram 👍

adam.

Advanced Member
I put a red bulb in one of the reverse lights, and wired that up.

Got through a couple of MOTs that way.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Steve95 said:
Hello guys, i am currently trying to wire my inner brake lights to fog lights for the mot next week, i have used the search function but all the links are dead. From what i have read, i need a diode somewhere in the wiring, but can't figure out where? I have wired a switch from ignition live, to the back of the car, cut the white/ black wires and joined them to the feed, but all four lights illuminate? Any help would be much appreciated!
You will need a diode in the line to stop it feeding back, I did mine years ago from the old forum links, on that thread it listed what rating diode was needed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Torque-GT used a red bulb and wired it to my reverse light.
As said here, the normal change is to use the drivers side reverse light and a red bulb in it for the fog light as you don't need two reverse lights but a fog light has to be centred or to the drivers side (if I remember correctly). This is how my DC5 has been done and it's how I don't my 96Spec DC2 myself