Brake lights don’t work

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

I have a weird issue. All my brake light bulbs are fine, but they won‘t turn on when i brake. The 3rd brake light, in the middle does turn on. So i guess it couldn‘t be the brake light switch that fails a lot in the rsx. I need new MOT in a week and i don‘t know where to look.

Any help is appreciated

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

DPettyDC51992

I had the same issue while at a car show I removed the break light switch from behind the pedal, greased it up with WD40 if you have something longer lasting then I‘d suggest using that. And then adjusted where it sat behind the pedal and the worked fine.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Still the same, replaced the brake light switch. Only 3rd comes on. All bulbs look to be fine

Mark_teg

Staff member
My guess is somebody has altered the inner brake lights to operate as fog lights and probably damaged a connection to them all.
Take the covers off behind the lights i.e. Either side in the boot and have a look. Any basic electrician will sort it no problem.

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
I've already taken of the covers. Have a temporary fog light under the bumper for every MOT. All wiring still looks OEM behind the taillights. All lights were perfectly fine during MOT last year. But somehow all 4 are not working anymore. Won't have time till thursday, will run around the car with a multimeter then.

Fez

Advanced Member
Im not sure if its a seperate fuse, but have yiu checked the fuses?

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Should be fuse 7, together with the Horn. Fuse looks to be fine. Will update Tomorrow evening

sabberjoch

Advanced Member
Ended up ripping out the whole interior, to follow the Wiring. After checking out all connections they Suddenly worked again