Brake Lines corroded!!!

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Had an mot on my dc5 and had an advisory note saying brake lines have slight corrosion, shall i replace with oem lines or is it worth getting some aftermarket ones? if so can anyone reccommend which ones to get and where from? also how easy are they to fit? advice would be much appreciated. Cheers.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Defiantly get the TGM sport stainless brake lines, very good quality and just get Tom to fit them. It's an easy job if you know what your doing but he has done plenty and it's not expensive. £60 ish for the lines plus labour.
If your not in the area he can post or just get a set of goodridge hoses.

James.

TypeRDan

Advanced Member
Thanks, unfortunately im not in the area so ill have to get some on order then i think i will get them professionally fitted as its quite important you get this right!

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Yes indeed.
They normally come with all the crush washers and fitting you need to re fit them. It's not a hard job but bleeding the system is the hardest part as you need to know the order and it helps to have a helper to press the pedal for you 8)
James.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
JamesSSB said:
Defiantly get the TGM sport stainless brake lines, very good quality and just get Tom to fit them. It's an easy job if you know what your doing but he has done plenty and it's not expensive. £60 ish for the lines plus labour.
If your not in the area he can post or just get a set of goodridge hoses.

James.
JamesSSB said:
Yes indeed.
They normally come with all the crush washers and fitting you need to re fit them. It's not a hard job but bleeding the system is the hardest part as you need to know the order and it helps to have a helper to press the pedal for you 8)
James.

Are you talking about brake pipes or replacing the rubber hoses into the caliper?
The topic is regarding the actual pipes!

To the OP, making up new pipes is not hard and not expensive, it's easy to do yourself if you know your way around a car.

If I were you I'd ask the MOT station which brake line needed replaced and get a price for them to fix it.

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Yea I was missing the point. I was talking about the flexible hoses.
Very rare for the hard pipes to corrode.