Brake Pad Shims...

Woppywop

Advanced Member
I know I should of put this in the 'wanted' section but was after a quick result.

Has anyone got a set please??There for the standard brembo pads.

My mate who thinks he's the best mechanic in the county basically said when fitting my pads... 'ah you don't need them' and chucked um!!

Well now it's squealing like a mother when braking, starting to get really annoying.

Cheers

JamesSSB

Advanced Member
Ring Tom at TGM as he may have some.
Other than that ring steels Honda and ask Dave to order some.
Won't cost much I would have thought bud.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
I was with Tom talking about it... Not got any and Honda unfortunately don't sell them separately.

Also tried a few places via eBay... Nothing! Just thought someone on here must be about to change their pads, so could nick the old shims, anything better than listening to the bloody high pitched squeal that's coming from them.

Thanks anyway bud.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
You get the shims with a set of new brembo pads.. Don't know why they told you that you don't.. You might find that the pads might start to move in the caliper aswell and cause a slight knock when braking forward or back...

Woppywop

Advanced Member
You get the shims with a set of new brembo pads.. Don't know why they told you that you don't.. You might find that the pads might start to move in the caliper aswell and cause a slight knock when braking forward or back...
Yeah I know you get them with the pads, what the chap at Honda said was you can get the pads as a set (with shims) but can't get shims on there own.

Haven't had any knocking yet which is a bonus I suppose.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Oh right thought you meant he told you that you couldn't get them at all... integrastella will probably will have some spare :)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Wow! you let an idiot mess with your brakes!!
Ha tell me about it, he's been a mechanic for about 13 years but he's always been the same... I stopped taking my past cars to him but though well as long as I stay with him he can't miss anything! Hmm that was an understatement!!

When he chucked them in a heap of bits in the corner of his garage I just said 'don't need those bits then...' He just went 'nah'! Thought no more about it, until now! Total arse!!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Try blueguy on here as he still might have his lying around ;)
My last front brake set up was Dixcel slotted discs with Dixcel Z type pads - no shims.

If I do have any shims about they will be in storage with my original Brembo discs and pads which incidentally are in good condition.. so the shims will be staying put to keep the set complete. Sorry bud.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
My last front brake set up was Dixcel slotted discs with Dixcel Z type pads - no shims.

If I do have any shims about they will be in storage with my original Brembo discs and pads which incidentally are in good condition.. so the shims will be staying put to keep the set complete. Sorry bud.
Thanks again chap for coming back to me.

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Right been doing a little more searching on the assumption I'm not going to find any...

Found these...

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m8b17s2313p10448/_MITSUBISHI_OE_GENUINE_PARTS_SERVICING_PARTS_TUNING_SPARES_and_SERVICE_ACCESSORIES_-_Front_Brake_Squeal_Shims_-_Brembo%5Cs_Mitsubishi_Lancer_Evolution_5_6_CP9A_(Brembo_caliper_models)/RS_GB

Should I assume without phoning the company that these won't fit?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
I personally wouldn't bother.

Here's a picture of the OEM Brembo pads and shims for comparison.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
the shims from camskill look nothing like so would say they are useless

blueguys pic for reference of the oem shims that your looking for