Brake Pads/Disc Options

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
What's up guys, the OEM discs and pads on the 5 are coming to the end of their life span so I'm looking at uprating these.

Looking at getting some DS2500 not sure what discs yet.

I'm just looking to see what others are running on their cars and where you guys suggest purchasing such items!

Cheers

spooke

Advanced Member
I can recommend Project Mu NS400 Pads with OEM Brembo Discs from Hendys E Shop (a trader on here). They sell fluids, braided lines, discs too.

These stop well, little dust and felt great on track. I'm also using Motul RBF600 fluid.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
spooke said:
I can recommend Project Mu NS400 Pads with OEM Brembo Discs from Hendys E Shop (a trader on here). They sell fluids, braided lines, discs too.

These stop well, little dust and felt great on track. I'm also using Motul RBF600 fluid.
I've seen in a few threads people are using/recommending the Project Mu pads!

Cheers for the reply mate!

Fez

Advanced Member
I run ds2500's for a while and found them great, but now on dixcel ES, and so far they are much better than the ds2500's ever were.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Fez said:
I run ds2500's for a while and found them great, but now on dixcel ES, and so far they are much better than the ds2500's ever were.
I had a look at some of the Dixcel pads are those not a bit more expensive then the others mentioned?

I'm not running mega power so don't need MEGA stopping power, just looking for something a bit better than OEM.

Fez

Advanced Member
ChrisJDMDC5 said:
I had a look at some of the Dixcel pads are those not a bit more expensive then the others mentioned?

I'm not running mega power so don't need MEGA stopping power, just looking for something a bit better than OEM.
The dixcel ES Were 1/2 the price of the ds2500's, thats why i thought i'd give them ago and wasn't too much to lose if they were worse. But for me they have turned out better.
I'm running standard power.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hawk HP + Pads, TGM braided lines and Motul RBF600.

Great combination and fantasic pads, got them from Cambridge Motorsport.

hamks18psi

Advanced Member
Project Mu NS400 is really good in term of street performance and dust level.
I used them for rear, and never want to change other brand.

As for HC800, it is very good in track, but the brake dust ruin my front caliper's paint condition. It could be just because my caliper paint are too thin or about time to get re-spray.

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Just went with Dixcel ES pads and MTEC C-hook discs! Will update on performance once received and fitted!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jvzr

Advanced Member
I went with the Dixcel ES pads.
Find them great so far for the driving iv done,
Very little dust which is a bonus

ChrisJDMDC5

Advanced Member
Jvzr said:
I went with the Dixcel ES pads.
Find them great so far for the driving iv done,
Very little dust which is a bonus
It was the dust aspect of the ds2500 that was putting me off!

Hopefully have them either today/tomorrow and get them fitted straight away and ill report back!

masterjedijay

Advanced Member
I recently went from OEM to Dixcel ES pads and slotted discs all round and they have been really superb with little brake dust as well. Last week I had to do a high speed emergency brake stop coming over the crest of a hill and they were awesome!