Brake pads..

boz5r

Advanced Member
Unusual one this anyone experianced there brake pads coming loose, a couple of days ago i had to brake sharply from some miles per hour but didnt notice anything amiss but today heard a nasty grinding from the front checked wheel area and noticed bottom clip sticking out and uneven pad wear ,only been on a month.

logik

Advanced Member
Did you change the pads youself a month ago. Is it possible that the lock pins were not inserted correctly after the new pads had been fitted.

Either way, this should not be happening.

logik

Advanced Member
Not too bad actually. 35-45 sterling for the front ones and maybe around 35 for the rears.

I got mine of Dave and Honda. Give him a PM, he will sort you out.

spike

logik said:
Not too bad actually. 35-45 sterling for the front ones and maybe around 35 for the rears.

I got mine of Dave and Honda. Give him a PM, he will sort you out.
You serious ? Honda in ireland charge €220 + vat for front pads.
Are they the Ferrodo pads that are boxed brembo ??

logik

Advanced Member
I only got a set of Fronts off Dave recently and they were defo no more than 49 sterling.

I dont buy anything in Ireland anymore.

Just like the Honda garages telling you only to use Honda approved MTF's in gearboxes etc. Just want to line their own pockets. I would take Oilman's word over Honda's word any day when it comes to oils.

I got everything needed off Dave for a full service recently, all filters and pads etc, for half nothing.

linzi94

Advanced Member
£38.30 plus vat for front pads from Honda dealer.

as for lining pockets it looks as though only that dealer in ireland with the huge mark up is doing so as i can assure you there isnt much margin in anything from honda uk :?

spike

logik said:
Just like the Honda garages telling you only to use Honda approved MTF's in gearboxes etc. Just want to line their own pockets. I would take Oilman's word over Honda's word any day when it comes to oils.
The guy that told me about the MTF is actually just one of the technicians in our work shop, and actaully a good mate of mine whos served his time in a honda garage. Hes had a few civics over the years and that was his recomdation to me. He or I for that matter couldnt give a $hite less what anyone else uses in the car, but I'd go with him rather then "some guy" over the internet... :roll:

And as for the price of front pads for the DC5 from Honda in Ireland, that the recommended retail from Universial Honda in ireland and what appears on the WEB EPC. I'll copy and paste it to show that no dealers are "lining their own pockets"

Dc5Dub07

Advanced Member
You serious ? Honda in ireland charge €220 + vat for front pads.
Are they the Ferrodo pads that are boxed brembo ??
I got a set of new Honda/Brembo front Discs + pads for €220 delivered n' all from TGM, so ud be mad to buy 'em off Honda Irl...

But now i've ordered Ferrodo Ds2500's to replace them.. the standard pads have worn down quickly...(after a few laps of Mondello!)

logik

Advanced Member
spike said:
logik said:
The guy that told me about the MTF is actually just one of the technicians in our work shop, and actaully a good mate of mine whos served his time in a honda garage. Hes had a few civics over the years and that was his recomdation to me. He or I for that matter couldnt give a $hite less what anyone else uses in the car, but I'd go with him rather then "some guy" over the internet... :roll:

And as for the price of front pads for the DC5 from Honda in Ireland, that the recommended retail from Universial Honda in ireland and what appears on the WEB EPC. I'll copy and paste it to show that no dealers are "lining their own pockets"
Mate, i am not having a go at you or your mate, i am simply saying that it is of course in the interest of a main dealer to recommend the manufactures oils and parts. Oilman is not just another guy in the internet either, give him a call, his knowledge of oils will be obvious after 5 minutes.

Anyway I am going off topic, so I will just leave it there. Apologies if I offended ya spike.

spike

No, you didn't mate, but I was just making the point that I trust this guys opinions on all things Honda, having worked on them, and had several of them. He's not being influenced by anyone either, only his own judgement from experience. The general opinion of most people is that the MTF is the best you can get too. Anyway as you said, its off topic, we'll leave it be.

On the pads, I didn't (and wouldn't ever)buy them either, I went for Mintex 1144s for similar money.