Brake Pads

K Vee Gee

Advanced Member
I am looking for a set f front brake pads, but I am unsure on what ones to get?

Do I stick to OEM or do I go aftermarket?

redcap

Advanced Member
Ferodo's DS2500
Mintex 1144's
EBC Yellow Stuff

Are all good with OEM Disc's

I have Mintex, good but dusty and squeel quite a bit. Got tired of the SQUEEL so got some EBC Yellow Stuff's, they seem good so far.

jasondc55

Advanced Member
I have just fitted oem Brembo pads on oem Brembo for £48.50 delivered(ebay) I think they are more than capable for the job. :xaiweb5:

integraleo

Advanced Member
My next set of pads will be carbone lorraine rc5+ but they are 190 quid for just the fronts ouch!

Granty1056

Advanced Member
Hi.

Cox Motor Parts do Honda front pads with 22% off at present. Works out about £39 with delivery.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
I am looking for a set f front brake pads, but I am unsure on what ones to get?
Depends on what you are going to be doing with the car? (Road/track)

General consensus seems to be DS2500's. They are a decent all round pad and better upgrade than standard pads!

Dan2020

Advanced Member
The DS2500's aren't as good as the Mintex 1144's, but they're not noisy like the 1144's. Ive got the Cosworth Streetmaster pads to go in next, meant to be better than the DS2500's so we'll see!

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
DS2500 are far better than 44's
The 55's have a little better braking torque the DS2500's have.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
I have used both on track, back to back and the 44's are WAY OFF!

The Mintex 44's have a braking coiffecient of 0.44 (hense their name 1144). The DS2500's have a braking coiffecient of 0.50.

The DS's can take more abuse and offer higher levels of grip than the 44's.

You might prefer the 44's, but the DS's offer better braking and outperform the 44's easily.

dave c

400hp K20
I have used both on track, back to back and the 44's are WAY OFF!

The Mintex 44's have a braking coiffecient of 0.44 (hense their name 1144). The DS2500's have a braking coiffecient of 0.50.

The DS's can take more abuse and offer higher levels of grip than the 44's.

You might prefer the 44's, but the DS's offer better braking and outperform the 44's easily.

Got to disagree there, tried both and the 44's are better however I never tried them with a standard disk.

Fubar Andy

Advanced Member
Got to disagree there, tried both and the 44's are better however I never tried them with a standard disk.
This disc won't make that much difference. If you went back to back from 44's to the DS's you would instantly notice the difference when both up to operation temperature.