Brake Pads

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Looking for a good set of pads for mainly fast road use and very light track use. (1-2 track days a year). What would people recommend?

I do use the car daily if that helps.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Looking for a good set of pads for mainly fast road use and very light track use. (1-2 track days a year). What would people recommend?

I do use the car daily if that helps.

Can't help too much but not Project Mu HC800 😂😂😂

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Can't help too much but not Project Mu HC800 😂😂😂
Why not 😂😂

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Why not 😂😂

Zero cold bite, dusty as, squeel like hell. Bite when warm is good but not worth the effort or price imo.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Hawk HP +, brilliant pads mate I cannot recommend them enough. Good from cold too, only downsides are they squeal like hell and kick up loads of dust but that never bothered me.

Call Cambridge Motorsport for them as they're one of the few UK dealers that sell them, good customer service too.

I have the pad number if you need it. Project MU 800 are also supposed to be excellent.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hawk HP +, brilliant pads mate I cannot recommend them enough. Good from cold too, only downsides are they squeal like hell and kick up loads of dust but that never bothered me.

Call Cambridge Motorsport for them as they're one of the few UK dealers that sell them, good customer service too.

I have the pad number if you need it. Project MU 800 are also supposed to be excellent.
Thank you for the info mate, the dust would annoy me but if they're a decent pad I could live with that.

Are the Project MU ones any good as they seem a fair price.

Fez

Advanced Member
Id recommend dixcel es type.
Much better than ds2500, and cheaper 👍🏻

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
hollowaydc5 said:
Thank you for the info mate, the dust would annoy me but if they're a decent pad I could live with that.

Are the Project MU ones any good as they seem a fair price.

No probs, dust is a pain but it's well worth the pain for the extra stopping power. Not many have ran Hawks on here but most people tend to go for Project MU's, they're a very similar pad from my understanding. Both aren't cheap mind.

I really rated the HP+, here's the part number if it's any help.

HB545 N.564
D960 HP PLUS.

Midnight

Advanced Member
Anyone any alternatives to Carbotech XP8 pads?

Ideally after a less dusty pad but similar in bite / power.

SamDC5

Advanced Member
ScottyDc5 said:
I second Dixcel's 🤗
I've been recommended Dixcels a lot so I'll go with them! Cheers!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
spooke said:
Can only find them for £332?!
But they last for ages. I can do a full year of track days on them before needing to change.

Andy, they are better than XP10!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
spooke said:
That's a fair point, how's their performance on road?

But they have racing pedigree! :xgrin:

http://www.dixcel.co.jp/en/company.html
Absolutely fine. They are worth the money, I can't see me ever trying another pad, they just work.

I've tried all sorts, DS2500, Mintex 1144, Carbotech XP8, XP10, Hawk something or other, Brembo uprated, Project Mu HC800. RS29 are miles better than all of them.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Got a set of front and rear Dixcel ES's for mine to go on, the discs and braided lines should be here today :)