Brake trouble

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
I recently fitted some Project Mu NR pads to the standard discs on the DC5.

Its not going to well, i think they might not be a good match for each other, unless i fitted them wrong (dont think this is the case as it is a pretty easy job).

When i brake there is good initial bite, then if you keep pressing hard it dosen't seem to apply any more force, there is quite a lot of noise coming from the pads/discs. Difficult to describe it is like a rumble/whistle.

I have had them on for about 1500 miles. I have these pads on my CRX track days car, but mated up to Project Mu rotors. They are fantastic on the CRX, so i can only assume they are crap on teh DC5 because of the standard discs.

I'm i right in understanding that Project Mu make Mugen pads, so the Mugen discs must be made by Project Mu as well, can anyone confrim this?

I'm now thinkign of getting some mugen discs, i have to solve this problem. The standard pads just dont work very well either.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
I've got the same ones due to reccomendation from Bazza. I've noticed that can feel the ABS kicking in more now under heavyer braking which I wasn't expecting!

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Wardy7 said:
I've got the same ones due to reccomendation from Bazza. I've noticed that can feel the ABS kicking in more now under heavyer braking which I wasn't expecting!
Have you got any grinding noises and some odd sounds coming from them? I got mine off Bazza too.

Not happy at all as they are not cheap!

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Not got any grinding noises that I've noticed. Still nto overly impressed with the fact the ABS has come in when I wouldn't of expected it to though![/u]

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
As per tron's post, better brakes are more likely to make the ABS kick in. You're able to apply more braking force but your grip levels have remained the same.

Ian, not really sure on the diagnosis from the description, but I'd be happy to have a listen in person and see if I can shed any light?

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
thanks drew, i'm going to take the pads out and make sure that i dont have any crap in them. I got some instructions from Bazza on bedding in, seems i have been too gentle on them. I'm not posting what i was told :shock:

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
Yes I was told somethign like that!

Didn't know you were working at Vodafone , that is one of my favorite roundabouts! Teh camber and grip is just right, however, you need to make sure that no one is pulling out of the carpark exit!

Will give it a good blitz on Monday, i'm off work!