brakelines

boz5r

Advanced Member
Hi is it worth fitting stainless steel brakelines onto an oem set up tho i do have ferodo on at the mo but could i do better pads wise ?.

dotty

Advanced Member
boz5r said:
Hi is it worth fitting stainless steel brakelines onto an oem set up tho i do have ferodo on at the mo but could i do better pads wise ?.
Alot of people have had this done, Some rate - Some can not tell the difference. I will be doing this in the future.

As for pads it depends what you use the car for? If its daily use and no track work then I don't think you can go wrong with the standard pads? Ferodos are good so I hear but again not much different from the standard set up.

dazza

Advanced Member
I had this done this year at TGM and got to say they felt much better.
Gave a better feel through the pedal :D
I would say it was worth it and then it's already there if you decide on future disc & pad upgrades if you wish.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
its a good mod as its not too expensive and can give better pedal feel.

it doesn't hurt to bleed the brakes once in a while and as you have to do this when fitting hoses you can kill 2 birds with one stone

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Didn't notice the difference in mine, but I needed to change a hose anyway as the OEM one had split, so had Goodridges fitted.

Never used Ferodo pads, but lots rate them. I thought the OEM pads were poor, my Mintex 1144s are better, but still not up to the feel of the DC2's brakes (they're still pretty darn good though!)

boz5r

Advanced Member
The car is a daily driver & ive had the ferodos on nearly a year i also did ccombe ,jts,& trax so there not bad but reading a back issue of japanese perf mag no 81 simons teg was wondering what that set up was like for road/ track plus price of the js disks cheers.