Brakes Question

raz786

Advanced Member
Was wondering if anyone could confirm whether brake set-ups designed for the US RSX Type S will fit the DC5 Type R?

Thanks in advance xthumbup

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
I think the simple anwser is No.

The fronts are a different size, and the RSX does not have factory fit Brembo's.

The rears, might be... but you would need to check.

Mike

raz786

Advanced Member
:-k hmmm, i was thinking whether or not the big brake set-ups would be possible to fit, i know the standard discs and calipers are different, but if buying the full brake kit (calipers, discs, pads, etc.) would all the brackets, bolts, etc line up? Don't even know if I'm making sense lol

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
what your saying makes sense, my evo 4 only had the 2 pots on the front but the brembo's used the same mounts on the hub and were a direct fit, do you know anyone who would be willing to lend you a caliper jus to see if it fits?

raz786

Advanced Member
unfortunately no, nobody here has an RSX Type S that i know of. I was thinking it as the big brake kits are VERY pricey here, but if the applications for the Type S in America fit then that would give good options at a cheaper price maybe. I wonder if any of the RSX boys in the US have fitted Type R brake calipers and discs to their cars :-k :-k

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hello

I can see what your trying to acheive....

I can't help for sure.... but what you need to check is the OEM part drawings ! I couldn't say if the RSX shared the same front struts and front knuckle with the DC5-R, as these will effect the positioning of the calipers etc.

Knowing a little, I would guess not, as Honda typically has specific parts for specific models, more so for the 'performance' models.

I think it maybe best to buy a DC5-R upgrade ( saving a little longer )... rather than risk a RSX version.

Mike

raz786

Advanced Member
Thanks for the info Mike, yeah i guess more saving is an option, its just I can't ever see myself spending 2k plus for brakes :shock: unless i win the lottery :lol: If anyone does find out for definite please post the answer, as I'm sure lots of owners would do this if the price was right :)

jay82

Advanced Member
as mike said front won't fit and rears are a no aswell
have a set sitting in my shed :oops:

raz786

Advanced Member
I'm on standards at the moment, and can't fault them, but wouldn't say no to extra stopping power and i love the look of after market brake its 8)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
So... it's looks your after then ?

An alternative, rather than a full blown set-up, which work very well by all acounts, is the Bell / Disc Combo that Paul G sells on here..... yes, they are expensive, but not the cost of a full system though.

Also... if you are prepared to wait, the peeps that are building my race car, are making their own set up, which they plan to retail in time.

Mike

blueguy

Resident J's whore
MJ Type-R said:
Also... if you are prepared to wait, the peeps that are building my race car, are making their own set up, which they plan to retail in time.
Mike
Sorry to hijack the thread but when do you expect your race car to be complete Mike? It's one of those long running anticipated projects that I can't wait to see.

raz786

Advanced Member
^^^ as above, want to see whats been created!! :)

I'm after better stopping power and the look behind the wheels as well :)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Just to reply to those that have asked about my 'race' car, it will happen in 2010... when not 100% confirmed... Hoping testing can start mid year ;)

Mike