branded wheels..!

ep3itrdc5

Advanced Member
i'm currently in the market for some high quality top brand JDM wheels, and i'm thinking why are top end branded JDM wheels soooo feking expensive in the UK?? looking around various sites i have found if i lived in the US i can pay around $826 USD per wheel delivered to my door, works out to be around £530 GBP, but with me living in the UK the exact same wheel i have found on UK websites the average price to be £711 GBP ! now i know if i get them from the states with the added import duty and taxes they will be about the same price, but the same product delivered state side nearly £200 GBP cheaper each !!! Why??? as far as i'm aware the US have to import these wheels just the same as the UK have to so why the huge price difference,
hacked off potential customer..indeed

rant done..

TyperItr

Advanced Member
There can be many reasons, cost of doing/running/owning a business is I presume higher in the UK, for example import fees and taxes, business overheads. Strong British pound relative to the dollar, competition in the market. You need to make more profit to actually make a profit worth your while.

miki1212

Advanced Member
know what you mean mate, i went to the states last year, brought back 4 wheels with me, paid the excess baggage and worked out a whole lot cheaper than uk prices

Rom

Advanced Member
May have something to do with the US market being about a million times bigger than the UK market for JDM wheels.

dave7368

Advanced Member
I'm looking for some at the mo and the difference between UK and Japan prices is over £300 per wheel!

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Matt at injection imports was £300 cheaper for me when I bought my Volks compared to co-ordsport the main UK rays dealer.

dave7368

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
Matt at injection imports was £300 cheaper for me when I bought my Volks compared to co-ordsport the main UK rays dealer.
co-ordsport take the pish with their prices.