Brembo brake pads really cheap

JezW

Advanced Member
I need some new front brake pads, was going to get them from coxmotorparts for £46.80:

http://www.coxmotorparts.co.uk/genuine-honda-integra-typer-dc5-front-brake-pads-p-1319.html

But I've just seen these:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FRONT-Brembo-Brake-HONDA-INTEGRA/dp/B004DWM5G8/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1385228295&sr=8-3&keywords=honda+integra+brake+pads

I checked the seller's website "AP Motor Store" and they have two types of Brembo pads listed for a DC5, one with part number P28026 for £35 and one with part number P06018 for £110.

What do you guys reckon?

JezW

Advanced Member
Dam that's cheap! Are they Brembo?

I don't understand why there's so much variation in the price of brake pads for DC5s. I think it comes down to whether the part number is P28026 or P06018...anyone know what the difference is?

JezW

Advanced Member
Opie oils has both part numbers listed, they seem to be different dimensions:

About Brake Pad Set BREMBO P06018 / P 06 018 (for both wheels on 1 axle) Thickness 18mm Width 120mm Height 73.7mm Brake System
Brembo / Breco

About Brake Pad Set BREMBO P28026 / P 28 026 (for both wheels on 1 axle) Thickness 17.3mm Width 148.6mm Height 57.7mm Brake System Akebono

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
Compare it to the dimensions of the EBC website, find out which ones are right for you then.

JezW

Advanced Member
Wingnuttzz said:
Compare it to the dimensions of the EBC website, find out which ones are right for you then.
The EBC website doesn't list dimensions http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/files_ebc.v1

Aren't they the same for all our cars anyway? :p

Crazylegs said:
Save your money and get some Ferodo DS2500's, that's what I'll be doing next.
I've read posts from a few people that didn't like them and sometimes they can squeal. Track orientated brake pads aren't the best for daily use, especially now that it's getting into winter. They're designed to work best when hot.

coolerking

Advanced Member
I only use my car at the weekends if its dry, and they do squeal when you first start driving, but it ain't that bad mate.

JezW

Advanced Member
Ha! Exactly my point ;)

I drive mine every day. I think at the third of the price (if those are the right ones) they will be more than sufficient for my needs.

I'll make some phone calls on Monday.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
JezW said:
The EBC website doesn't list dimensions http://www.ebcbrakeshop.co.uk/files_ebc.v1

I've read posts from a few people that didn't like them and sometimes they can squeal. Track orientated brake pads aren't the best for daily use, especially now that it's getting into winter. They're designed to work best when hot.
I find the Brembo's take a while before they're fully operational and even then they're sh*te.

I'm not a big fan of the Brembo's personally, feel they're lightweight and not up to the task. If you think about how we drive, most Honda owners are going to be aggressive drivers which means you're going to be on the pedal more than often, you'd be lying if you didn't. :p

Trust me, save up or if you can afford it get the DS2500's or DS2000's even which may be a better compromise for what you're after. I'm going to be sacking the Brembo pads off soon enough in favour of the Ferodo's.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Jez w , you can trust me ;)

Both those part numbers are wrong for dc5

P280026 is NOT the part number for the brembo caliper, it is for NON type R integras/civics/accords etc

P06018 also will not fit the brembo caliper, the pad is listed as 18mm which would never fit in the caliper its too wide, a popular mistake is to fir 350z pads which are the same profile just thicker than ours and they are 14.7, i think the DC5 R pad is only 12.7mm thick.

commonly many of the parts places just see the outer profile is the same and as they dont really know anything about brakes dont think that the thickness will be critical, the p06018 pad is for a 7 series bmw

ebc do list pads for dc5, remember its not a uk model when searching, but they detail drawing is wrong (they are listed as the same thickness as the 350) but they have a different part number so could actually physically be the right size when they arrive.

while 350z pads can be made to fit quite easily with 30 mins of elbow grease and some 40 grit paper its not an ideal way to do it.

the correct part number for oem dc5 pads is-45022S6MJ52

which is what Cox motorspares are listing (first link first post)

Wingnuttzz

Advanced Member
JezW said:

I think the website is EBC brakes direct or something. One of them does as I used it when trying to find Carbone Lorraine pads

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Jez the price you first quoted in your first post from Cox seems reasonable enough and at least you know they'll be the right ones. You could try and give Tom at TGM a call just to see if he can do them cheaper as he got me rear pads for £20 although they are pagid and not oem. Tom knows better than most what works and what doesn't so he's worth a call.

dc5-2ltr

dc5-2ltr
Whoops.double post ,sorry
Has anyone tried Dave @Steels Honda..he`s usually very good for us pricewise