Brembo Brake pads..

Wootty

Advanced Member
Just fitted some new Brembo pads to the fronts. After the trackday last week they were a bit shot...

Didn't realise how bad the old ones were till I stamped on the new ones on the test drive....!! First time I've got the ABS to kick in :shock: Must have been bad - though probably never stomped on them as hard as that.

Attachments

Duncs

it is surprising how thin even the new ones are though!!!
my rears were as worn as the fronts and the car has only done around 21k (miles)

fenomeno26

Advanced Member
I notice that the rears wear almost as fast as the front pads...This is good to know that our cars are not nose heavy and the rears do a good job too....

Wootty

Advanced Member
Yep - my rears look as low as the fronts were - so going to get some new pads for those too.

I think Scottie said the stock Civic Type R brake pads fit the rears - well the ones he gave me did when i put them in for him :lol:

dan the man

Advanced Member
yeah brembo pads dont have much meat on them as new...

and rear CTR pads fit. All easy to do aswell!

Wootty

Advanced Member
dan the man said:

Not much meat..??

Dont see how they could be much thicker - they only just squeezed past the discs and calipers as it was. You might be able to get another 2mm on thikness maybe but then its a very very tight squeeze. A thinner back plate maybe?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
dc5 brembo pad thickness should be 14mm.
if you fit ds2500 pads the importer(circuit supplies) machines 3mm from the surface of a different pad.

dan the man

Advanced Member
Wootty said:
dan the man said:

Not much meat..??

Dont see how they could be much thicker - they only just squeezed past the discs and calipers as it was. You might be able to get another 2mm on thikness maybe but then its a very very tight squeeze. A thinner back plate maybe?
yeah true! But just to myself not very deep. just me probably. :lol:

Paul G

Members
The Brembo caliper is a scaled down race caliper so that it will fit behind the stan Honda rims - that means that the pads are very thin :( (in the race caliper there about 25mm thick and cost less :roll: )

If the rear pads are wearing out as fast as the frts that means there working to hard and the frt pads should be uprated....

Paul.

Paul G

Members
PS the rear pads are very easy 'and cheap' :D to pick up - fitted to lots of Honda's , just take one in as a patt.

martin200

Advanced Member
Are the rear disks the same, too? I have some rear CTR hubs, disks and calipers sitting about, will have to compare them.

nickyg63

i take it these aer the standard pads?

How much were they and have you got a part number?

thanks

dan the man

Advanced Member
Wootty said:
nickyg63 said:
i take it these aer the standard pads?

How much were they and have you got a part number?

thanks
Sorry - who's this question to?
u onabout the read pads nick? thats how i read itu fairy :lol:

And if not the fronts can be got form honda..ring the one down south as i got mine for £50 delivered..brembo too.