Brembo Caliper Seal Kit?

linzi94

Advanced Member
whilest changing the front pads on my car we noticed one of the inner caliper seals was totally gubbed.

im wondering if anyone knows where to get one of these kits for much cheapness. Honda's price is £95 + vat.

is this going to be a "challenge google" epic?

mikegsi

Staff member
though it doesnt bring much up, try dave johnson for a better price, ive heard of people paying £75ish for them in the past

linzi94

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
try dave johnson for a better price
im a honda parts advisor. (£95+vat is the retail... backorder til next february)

all i got off google was companies selling whole brake kits, and or just replacement pads and discs.

i'll try that other link, thanks :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Call Tom at TGM, i think the seal kit would be the same as the leon caliper which is commonly used in fast road and brembo kits as its a radial mount caliper, he will call the brembo racing guy who is a friend and check availability.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Linzie, does your system at honda give you any more info, i.e original brembo number etc?

linzi94

Advanced Member
unfortunately honda's system only supplies a honda part number, cost, price, custom code - nothing relating to brembo.

one company asked if i could get the cast number off the caliper, but couldnt garantee anything.

i will do some phoning round.

cheers guys

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
linzi94 said:
im wondering if anyone knows where to get one of these kits for much cheapness. Honda's price is £95 + vat.
Ouch bit of a nightmare, is that for one Caliper worth of seals?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
leave it with me, i'll call a man tomorrow who will know if they are available.

linzi94

Advanced Member
thanks C&S but i just bit the bullet and ordered them from honda.

back order date has come forward to the end of this month thankfully.

i had attempted to get a hire car out of honda - there is a process for this - but they werent prepared to help me as my car's an import, even though i work for them :?

ah well.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Linzi,

I was not able to contact my man on the inside not until after xmas now. when you receive the parts, can you pm me the brembo part numbers i'm sure it will be on the packaging i'll file it for the future.

linzi94

Advanced Member
got the seal fitted yesterday and brakes bled.

only i still think the brakes arent as sharp as they should be.

i have a little travel in the pedal before any slowing down happens, the tech who fixed my front brakes said he felt the rear pads were binding a bit.... so this was the probable cause of the slight travel. im going to get these freed off, fingers crossed thats solves it.

how's everyone else's brake pedal feel?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Pretty immediate! :lol:

Any info on a rear caliper seal kit? I have a suspicion about mine.