Brembo Pads don't fit

hondaft

Advanced Member
Hi guys, wondering if you could offer some help/advice.

I bought brembo pads the other week (from the link below which I know people on here bought from too) but when I went to fit them they seemed too tall to fit in the caliper if that makes sense? I'm just checking I'm not doing anything stupid before I send them back. They were only ever so slightly too tall so I spent ages filing down the top and bottom of the pad and eventually with some great force got them in the caliper. I then realized that this wouldn't work since the disc pretty much wouldn't move when the caliper went back over, I also had to sand down a bit of the pads to get them to squeeze over the disc.

Has anyone else had this problem? Or am I doing something stupidly wrong? I've checked the part number on the box and its definitely right so my only though would be that its the wrong pads in the box?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Honda-Integra-TypeR-DC5-Brembo-Front-Brake-Pads-/251131174406?ssPageName=ADME:X:RRNTB:GB:3160

Thanks

maxvr6

Advanced Member
Check the thickness of the pad material, i think it should be no thicker than 14-15mm, any thicker and they wont fit, you have probably bought 350Z pads, a common mistake made by both buyers and suppliers as the pad pattern is identical.

You can shave them down until they fit, other than that are you sure the pistons are fully wound back?

Sometimes they can just be a bit of a squeeze, especially with the shims added in, i had the same trouble just needed winding fully back in but they did fit, shims and all, careful not to damage the piston dust covers!

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
I got those from the same seller/listing and they fitted perfectly......No mucking about sanding etc ;)

T.G.

hondaft

Advanced Member
Thanks for the quick replies :)

I thought it might have been 350Z pads they sent, I've messaged the seller to see what he says and I'll check the thickness of them when Im home.

Topgeezer - were yours a bit of a squeeze like height wise?

Topgeezer

Advanced Member
Not tight just a firm fit, as mentioned above make sure the pistons are fully back into the calliper.

T.G.

hondaft

Advanced Member
Hmm, its a weird one, just my luck I suppose :(

Yeh I had the pistons fully back in but that part wasnt really an issue, it was the height of the pad if that makes sense, it seemed slightly too tall too fit into the caliper.

hondaft

Advanced Member
Had another go tonight since I had to take pictures for the seller.

The pads are 15mm thick and even hammering them on, they would only go half way in and then the disc wouldn't even spin. I guess its the wrong pads then?

Out of interest, does anyone know what the number on the back of the pads mean? Is it just a random serial number? Cause after looking at the DIY thread on changing pads, I noticed the last 3 digits of this number is different.

Thanks again

C2AXG

Advanced Member
I'm sure my pads were Nissan pads and fitted perfectly only needed a slight tap in and that was with brand new disks... Not running any shims as I didn't have any and been no problems