Brembo's re-lacquered from group buy....

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Anyone used their high-temp lacquer yet?

I gave them a quick going over on the weekend. I probably could have done a much better job if I had took them off but I'm pleased with the results :)

Be warned: after removing the old lacquer the red paint is VERY thin :!:

Old lacquer removed:

A very sorry looking Brembo:

Back to a glossy red:

Tadda:

8)

ejwillistyles

Advanced Member
good job mate.

is this a stupid question but when you take the laquer off isn't any of the paint under/logo affected?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
ejwillistyles said:
good job mate.

is this a stupid question but when you take the laquer off isn't any of the paint under/logo affected?
Not really. The lacquer comes off without taking the paint. I found a sharp stanley knife took it off well. The lacquer comes off just upto the edges of the logo so best leaving it there. You can remove the lacquer on the logo but it does take some of the white off.

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Chief said:
Good job mate, my nearside one needs a bit of treatment at some point. :(
Its advisable to do it before the red paint comes off. Once the lacquer starts pealing it just gets worse

Chief

Advanced Member
BadBadtz said:
Chief said:
Good job mate, my nearside one needs a bit of treatment at some point. :(
Its advisable to do it before the red paint comes off. Once the lacquer starts pealing it just gets worse
Hopefully going to do it when the weather gets better, maybe over Easter if its sunny. :)

yunster

Advanced Member
Good job Nick. Gonna see if Tom can do it for me as i am leaving car with him for a few days. If he see's the good job you have done then i think he will trust the laquer we have got. :D

Suped

Advanced Member
Nice one mate. Pics are well appreciated!!

Don't think I have the guts to have at this one.... :(

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
wow been wanting to do this all these while... nice job mate

am just gonna take mine to the paint shop

conoroneill

Advanced Member
Looking good Nick. Mine are only a year old however and I was wondering what I could do to prevent the lacquer peeling in the first place?

I've gave the calipers a polish with auto glym's ultra deep shine when I was doing the bodywork - any proper suggestions?

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Stone chips are what cause the peeling. Once an edge starts its all over.

You could try applying a thicker layer of lacquer?

ally_mac

Advanced Member
Looking good lad, I have been meaning to do this to my car for a whilte now, must do it soon as I forgotten what shinny red bembos look like

Neil_H

Advanced Member
Looks great I need to do this one mine as the lacquer is coming off - what stuff do I need, I must have missed the GB :cry:

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
Neil_H said:
Looks great I need to do this one mine as the lacquer is coming off - what stuff do I need, I must have missed the GB :cry:
I was down at my local auto factors and they had high temp lacquer in stock for less than £10 a can. Get some 1200 grit wet&dry whilst you're there.