Bridgestone Potenza RE070

logik

Advanced Member
I am hearing these mentioned over the past few weeks. Wondering if they can be got in UK/Ireland? As i have heard they are only available in Central Europe.

I have checked camskill.co.uk for them and they only have

R17" - 225/45/17, 225/45 R 17

Do they come in 215?

Cheers

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
I'm fairly sure you'll only find these in the Orient, certainly not Central Europe. You'll have to import them, and they're not cheap.

The size you listed is for a group of Impreza's that used the RE070 as OEM, I guess there has been deemed enough of a market to bring them over in reasonable numbers.

As a guide, even via Barry the RE070's for the FD2 (225/40R18) are over £200 a corner. The price for ones for the new GTR will probably make you pass out.

ian.herm01

Advanced Member
With bridgestone there is nearly a limitless supply of different codes after the RE070, Some start at about £100 a corner for 225/45 R17. However, bridgestone didn't recommend putting them on the DC5 rims due to teh width. I know some peopel have them fitted and they seem to be ok and not rubbing on the arches.

JT3173

Advanced Member
Tyretraders.com, about £70 a corner, great tyre, bags of grip and they look the dogs!

CTR_Chris

Advanced Member
I got a pair of RE070s I have specialy modified them so they are now full slicks :lol: gime a PM if interested :p

terminator x

I've got RE070's on my other car (Spec C :oops: ), 235/45/17's. Had to get them slightly 2nd hand as no where bar Lichfields sells them new in the UK. They look 8) though & in the dry are invincible!

RE040's on the DC5.

TX.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
I'm back on these now running 225/45/17's with eibach springs, and are great.

I'm enjoying the grip again since moving back from the Yoko A046's

AdrianK

Advanced Member
terminator x said:
I've got RE070's on my other car (Spec C :oops: ), 235/45/17's. Had to get them slightly 2nd hand as no where bar Lichfields sells them new in the UK. They look 8) though & in the dry are invincible!

RE040's on the DC5.

TX.
Thats not true mate, i got the 225/45/17 RE070's for mine from a local tyre place, they had to order them but came next day, under £100 each FITTED so was a fair deal.

DolphiN Tech

Advanced Member
225 is about the only size available over the counter in the UK, being a standard Impreza size (can't remember which one, but it was OEM for something or other sold here).

Anything else (i.e. the 235 t-x mentioned) is a royal PITA...I'm currently looking at the far side of £200 a corner if I want 070's for the FD2.

terminator x

I meant at 235 wide :wink: Spec C sold now :cry:

TX.

AdrianK said:
Thats not true mate, i got the 225/45/17 RE070's for mine from a local tyre place, they had to order them but came next day, under £100 each FITTED so was a fair deal.